#22 - Jake Carlisle: Gone

While true he was a talented player, this whole saga makes him seem like quite the tool.

I bow to those with detailed memories of each game . My comments were an overall impression. As for being the general and organising the defence, I had the distinct impression that Fletch was that until 2014. Maybe I am wrong again. Anyone ?

While true he was a talented player, this whole saga makes him seem like quite the tool.

Literal lol.
This whole saga?

Literal lol.
This whole saga?

Yes thissh whole thorry thorry tharga.

sorry, couldnā€™t help myself.

Why is Jakeā€™s dad out playing golf instead of being a good parent? Family Governance.

Literal lol.
This whole saga?

Yes thissh whole thorry thorry tharga.

sorry, couldnā€™t help myself.

Theriothly, if this was a saga Carisleā€™s name wouldnā€™t fit on the spine.
And how does it end? Oh, Essendon got what they wanted, just like all the other sagasā€¦

Literal lol.
This whole saga?

The one he brought on himself? Yeah.

This should be an axis of rotational symmetry question (pole): Where does Carlisle rank in the measure of tooliness?

1. James Hird
  2. Cale Hooker
  3. A quality person who has made a few minor mistakes and has already been punished far in excess of what is reasonable. By and large did the right thing by his club on the way out.
  4. This whole saga makes him seem quite the tool
  5. Westing Wuckman
  6. Chris Judd
  7. Patrick Ryder
  8. Joseph Stalin

Literal lol.
This whole saga?

Youā€™re killing me.
Yeah, he should totally have stopped Dank from coming.

This should be an axis of rotational symmetry question (pole): Where does Carlisle rank in the measure of tooliness?
  1. James Hird
  2. Cale Hooker
  3. A quality person who has made a few minor mistakes and has already been punished far in excess of what is reasonable. By and large did the right thing by his club on the way out.
  4. Westing Wuckman
  5. David Evans
  6. Chris Judd
  7. McFarkstick
  8. wimmera1
  9. This whole saga makes him seem quite the tool
  10. Patrick Ryder
  11. Joseph Stalin

Fixed.

Literal lol.
This whole saga?

Youā€™re killing me.

Continue to misunderstand me at your leisure. Iā€™m done.

Not sure Ryder comes in before Stalin, personally.

Literal lol.
This whole saga?

Youā€™re killing me.

I donā€™t think I misunderstand you, I just think youā€™re deliberately ignoring 95% of the situation.

If, as I believe/d, you were saying we should lay off jake because he did the right thing when he left Wim, Iā€™m with you.

If otoh you are saying Dank & the EFC saga is in someway responsible for his current predicament heā€™s got himself into, & that if not for that, he wouldnā€™t have used a recreational drug off season & then been so dumb as to post it on the web in any way, ā€¦ I reckon youā€™re on your Pat Malone there.

Edit: Maybe you were both just being deliberately obtuse ā€¦

Literal lol.
This whole saga?

Youā€™re killing me.

I donā€™t think I misunderstand you, I just think youā€™re deliberately ignoring 95% of the situation.

TBH you appear to be looking like a tool in this saga

Literal lol.
This whole saga?

Youā€™re killing me.

TBH you appear to be looking like a tool in this saga

Iā€™m a tool in all the sagas.
Popularity is no measure of accuracy.

Jake is 24 years old ā€¦ he ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  up ā€¦ it happens ā€¦ wonā€™t hang him for that.
He did the right thing by us on the way out ā€¦ for me that counts.
He played some mighty good footy for us ā€¦ for me that counts too.
Even with the ā– ā– ā– ā–  ups I wish he still played for us ā€¦ for me that counts too.

I seriously don't get the hate/mental ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  at his expense. This is a guy who could have easily chosen Carlton. Easily.

I hope he tears it up next season.
I hope one of the biggest discussions at the end of 2016 is how you fit Hurley, Hooker and Carlisle into the AA team.

You forgot the greatest defender in the history of the game Alex Raaaaaance, he will make it even if he plays no more than 5 games
If, as I believe/d, you were saying we should lay off jake because he did the right thing when he left Wim, I'm with you.

If otoh you are saying Dank & the EFC saga is in someway responsible for his current predicament heā€™s got himself into, & that if not for that, he wouldnā€™t have used a recreational drug off season & then been so dumb as to post it on the web in any way, ā€¦ I reckon youā€™re on your Pat Malone there.

Edit: Maybe you were both just being deliberately obtuse ā€¦

Iā€™m saying THE saga is responsible for All Of The Predicaments.
Iā€™m saying if you think Carlisle is the only Essendon player to snort Charlie then I have a bridge to sell you.

He didnā€™t post it on the web, his mate sold it to the papes.
Whatever, do you want me to hate him for being dumb?
How dumb were you in your early twenties?

Literal lol.
This whole saga?

Youā€™re killing me.

Youā€™re misunderstanding what Rolo was saying. You actually are.