#22 - Jake Carlisle: Gone

By Christ we got a lot of rain today.

If, as I believe/d, you were saying we should lay off jake because he did the right thing when he left Wim, I'm with you.

If otoh you are saying Dank & the EFC saga is in someway responsible for his current predicament heā€™s got himself into, & that if not for that, he wouldnā€™t have used a recreational drug off season & then been so dumb as to post it on the web in any way, ā€¦ I reckon youā€™re on your Pat Malone there.

Edit: Maybe you were both just being deliberately obtuse ā€¦

Iā€™m saying THE saga is responsible for All Of The Predicaments.
Iā€™m saying if you think Carlisle is the only Essendon player to snort Charlie then I have a bridge to sell you.

He didnā€™t post it on the web, his mate sold it to the papes.
Whatever, do you want me to hate him for being dumb?
How dumb were you in your early twenties?

SAGA may be responsible for Jake ultimately leaving, ā€¦ but it aint responsible for his rec drug use, nor his dumbness, nor his age, nor his mates act of bastardry.

I donā€™t believe you believe that either.

I donā€™t believe itā€™s responsible for his age or his mateā€™s act of bastardry, so weā€™re halfway there.

Edit: Sorry, on second thought I think the Saga is absolutely partially responsible for his mateā€™s act of bastardry.
So itā€™s just his age I agree it has nothing to do with.

Now,ā€¦ If we were at the bar having an ale, ā€¦ at this point Iā€™d look at you incredulously & say something along the lines of,ā€¦ā€œThats fkn bullshit mate, ā€¦ youā€™re out of your gourdā€ ā€¦ then back off & say" Ok, ā€¦ explain to me how you think that the SAGA leads to Carlisle snorting coke ā€¦ (assuming he actually did) ā€¦ do you reckon he never ever before did any rec drugs ā€¦ had never used coke an as yet unidentified white powder before this stuff started", ā€¦ are you telling me his IQ level was lowered to the point of imbecile because of it, ā€¦ or that the stress made him forget not to be stupid??"

And I do think of Blitz as a cyber version of just that, . standing in a pub talking shitt about footy, soooā€¦

ā€œThats fkn bullshit mate, ā€¦ youā€™re out of your gourdā€ ā€¦ ā€¦" Ok, ā€¦ explain to me how you think that the SAGA leads to Carlisle snorting coke ā€¦ (assuming he actually did) ā€¦ do you reckon he never ever before did any rec drugs ā€¦ had never used coke an as yet unidentified white powder before this stuff started", ā€¦ are you telling me his IQ level was lowered to the point of imbecile because of it, ā€¦ or that the stress made him forget not to be stupid??"

ā€œPls explain how you make that logical pole vault ā€¦ oh & btw, ā€¦ itā€™s your hook mate ā€¦ I got the last one ā€¦ ā€¦ā€

Iā€™d say, I donā€™t know if you need another one, mate. you just said the exact same thing to me twice.
But hey, my shout. Iā€™m not your mother.

Iā€™d say, no, youā€™re getting me wrong.
Look, mate. Look. Do you think Carlisle is the only one at Essendon snorting the marching powder?
No? So whyā€¦I meanā€¦no, really, why do you want to hang him for that?
If the same video came out, like, ofā€¦you knowā€¦Zerrett or someoneā€¦would you hate him?

Course not.
So weā€™re agreed that this isnā€™t about that.

Andā€¦alright, am I saying the Saga caused him to take some recreational drugs? No. I mean, not really.
But it didnā€™t ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā€™ help, right?

Have a look at the gameday threads! How many people in there could have done with some medicinal help? And Carlisleā€™s actually playing for them!
'sā€™all Iā€™m saying mate. 'sā€™all Iā€™m saying.
Anyway, mineā€™s a bourbon.

Can I interest you boys in the Blitz Tavern special, half price pots of FARK CARLTON draught?

Iā€™ll grab my coatā€¦

Canā€™t drink beer.
Allergic or somthinā€™.
Anyway, theyā€™re about to fire up the karaoke.
Iā€™ll call the missus for ya.

Iā€™ll be back in a secā€¦going to looā€¦

And sneak out before your shout, eh?

Considering he's mid 20's, unmarried, reasonably rich and on his holidays in Las Vegas, I'd be more disappointed in him if he wasn't doing coke.

Paul, surely you are joking: Doing coke is not legal in nevada.

Nevada Cocaine Laws

Many a tourist has arrived in Las Vegas or Reno with dreams of hitting it big or having the party of a lifetime. Even celebrities have had their Sin City vacations marred by drug charges. Bruno Mars and Paris Hilton have both faced cocaine charges in Clark County. So while vices like gambling and (to a lesser extent) prostitution are legal in Nevada, cocaine use and possession is not.

Nevada authorities crack down heavily on cocaine sale and possession ā€“ both are felonies under state law ā€“ in response to the increased violence surrounding the manufacturing, trafficking, and use of cocaine. This is a brief summary of cocaine laws in Nevada.

State Cocaine Laws

As a Schedule I narcotic, every state criminalizes the possession, sale, or trafficking of cocaine, though their particular cocaine laws may vary in terms of penalties. As a felony crime in Nevada, the sale of cocaine could mean up to 20 years in prison and even simple possession could mean 6 years in prison, depending on the amount and other factors.

Cocaine Statutes in Nevada

Itā€™s not just state cocaine laws you have to worry about: federal narcotics laws also prohibit everything from simple cocaine possession all the way up to manufacturing and cultivation and trafficking and distribution. Federal penalties for cocaine possession or sale across state lines can be severe.
The following table outlines Nevadaā€™s cocaine laws.

Code Section 453.011; NAC 453.510
Possession 1-6 yrs. and $5000; Subsequent offense: 1-10 yrs. and $10,000; Third offense: 1-20 yrs. and $20,000
Sale 1-20 yrs. and $20,000; Subsequent offense: 5-20 yrs. and $20,000; Third offense: life or 15 yrs. mandatory and $20,000
Trafficking 4-14 g.: 1-6 yrs. and $50,000; 14-28 g.: 2-15 yrs. and $100,000; Over 28 g.: 25-life and $500,000; Double penalties for sale near school

Pretty much every rich kid I know that went to Vegas did coke.

Pretty much every rich kid I know that went to Vegas did coke.

Good. Rich kids doing their bit for a more just society. Its great to see the trickle down effect in operation, it enables the campesinos in central america to send their kids to Eton and Oxford.

Where exactly is it legal to do coke?

Clearly not on a boat!

anywhere you dont get caught doing it

Moorabbinā€¦

Clearly not on a boat!
Would you, could you, on a boat?

I could not, would not, on a boat.

Portugal

Ireland if the new laws pass

Moorabbin.Seaford.

Fixed

I take a few things from that article.

Had it come out with the first video, he may still be at Essendon because no one would have offered him a big contract.

He must be careless in his attitude given he was asked about the first video prior to making the second (unless I understood the timeline wrong). Cant believe he subsequently made and sent a second video.

He has some crap mates.

At least we know why he, and others perhaps like him, donā€™t update asada with their travel schedule. A $2500 club fine is nothing compared to the perceived freedom of being off the radar for a few weeks.

The guy that gave it up got offered 20k for the video.
Also dont be suprised if he wasnt the one actually filming himself hence why it got out. And remember 2 other blokes took similar footage of carlsie to the media to try and get $$$out of them but the quality wasnt as good

Moorabbinā€¦

Not when l was growing up there in Wickham Rd. it wasnā€™t.

Looks like he is suspended for the first 2 weeks of the season.

Looks like he is suspended for the first 2 weeks of the season.
Hilarious stuff, the gift that keeps giving

AFL Draft, Trade, Free Agency, List and General News
6 mins Ā· Edited Ā·

BREAKING NEWS:

Disgruntled saints recruit Jake Carlisle has been officially suspended from the AFL at the start of next year, after his alleged white powder snapchat video.

Significant financial sanctions have also been implied to him.

• Herald Sun

All he had to do was say it was Wizz Fizzā€¦

Disgruntled?

By club, or AFL (i.e. second strike ā€“ is that rule actually in place yet)?