Former #22 Matthew Leuenberger

How many years did we sign him for?

It is so great to have an actual tap ruckman again

How many years did we sign him for?

Three I believe?

If thereā€™s one thing Disco knows, itā€™s talls.

We won the clearances against a superstar cats midfield outfit.

Huge credit has to go to Leuney!

What a great start for him. If he can keep his body right will be an excellent trade result. Also a real contributer as to why Merrett, Parish, Fantasia and Zaka are doing so well.

Flying as tap ruck.

Let's get on the Leuey.

Fixed

There you go again, back with the drug references and that username

Itā€™s nice to finally have a ruckman again.

Letā€™s get Gooey for Leuey.

If there's one thing Disco knows, it's talls.
Well, as long as they stay injury free. Unlike Pears, Gumby, D Daniher. But when you think what we've got, how Brown and Hartley look, and then at players we've "lost" like Jenkins, Crameri, Ryder, Richards - then yes, he's damn good with the talls.
Let's get Gooey for Leuey.

Jordan DeGooey?

Well, as long as they stay injury free. Unlike Pears, Gumby, D Daniher. But when you think what we've got, how Brown and Hartley look, and then at players we've "lost" like Jenkins, Crameri, Ryder, Richards - then yes, he's damn good with the talls.

But the oneā€™s you mentioned were all very talented, they just didnā€™t work out because of injuries, being a flog or werenā€™t given game time.

Who out of all those had only average talent in your opinion?

Let's get on the Leuey.

Fixed

But the oneā€™s you mentioned were all very talented, they just didnā€™t work out because of injuries, being a flog or werenā€™t given game time.

Who out of all those had only average talent in your opinion?

I was being tongue in cheek. :wink: Of course he couldnā€™t predict those injuries!

Talls are hard, yet his hit rate is pretty damn good. A lot of the misses are due to injury, or werenā€™t particularly high picks so always long odds. Guys like Neagle, Still, Johns, Gregory, Lucy all cost 3rd round picks or worse. Cartledge and Lee were the only two second rounders, but both outside the top 25 picks. His ā€œworseā€ tall picks in terms of high picks would probably be Bolton and Bradley, but both still made 100 games. Bradley was picked in an absolute rubbish draft and was near as good as available, and Bolton Iā€™m not 100% sure Dodorro was in charge (1997 draft, was that Judkins?).

With the top picks, I canā€™t think of another non-injury failure. Guys like Laycock, Pears, Jacobs, Gumby were all (mostly) failures due to injuries. Ryder, Hurley, Carlisle and J. Daniher were the other top 25 picks he used on talls, and all have been successes.

But with mid-range picks he got players like Hille, Richards, Jacobs, and with later picks he got Hooker, Bellchambers, Jenkins and Crameri. I know thatā€™s over 15+ years, but a rate of one top level tall from mid-late picks every 2-3 drafts (more if not for injuries) isnā€™t shabby at all.

If there's one thing Disco knows, it's jackets.
Let's get on the Leuey.

Fixed

There you go again, back with the drug references and that username

Mine was as wellā€¦

No doubt his tap work has been really good, but I would really love to see him take a mark around the ground. I just dont see him influencing enough marking contests around the ground. Especially the long down the line kick out of the backline. I think he really needs to give us more as a senior player.

No doubt his tap work has been really good, but I would really love to see him take a mark around the ground. I just dont see him influencing enough marking contests around the ground. Especially the long down the line kick out of the backline. I think he really needs to give us more as a senior player.

Not everyone is going to be Todd Goldstein unfortunately.

Leuenberger is exceeding all expectations so far.

l agree. After 4 whole rounds of the season, he should be taking games by the scruff of the neck and giving them a damn good thrashing. How dare he not dominate in the air from day 1! Itā€™s outrageous and preposterous, and somewhat less than impressive.
Signed Kyle from Kilsyth.

What utter rubbish.