Former #22 Matthew Leuenberger

Better than what we had last year

http://www.sen.com.au/news/afl/05-16/i-left-brisbane-because-of-the-travel-leuenberger#mAvt8iRBbofxW6g7.97

Interview where Looney explains the effects of a lot interstate travel on him, and his injuries. Worth a listen.

http://www.sen.com.au/news/afl/05-16/i-left-brisbane-because-of-the-travel-leuenberger#mAvt8iRBbofxW6g7.97

Interview where Looney explains the effects of a lot interstate travel on him, and his injuries. Worth a listen.

And how good our facilities are in comparison.

And how good our facilities are in comparison.

Better send this interview to Patton and Prestia

Has been bad below his knees a couple of times but you canā€™t be unhappy with his mobility or tapwork.

Opposition mids are feeding off his taps better than oursā€¦ which should be better next year when we get Watson/Myers/Heppell/Stanton et al back.

Clearly our #1 ruck. Not sure I would pair him with TBell, JD has looked good as a pinch hit ruck and Loony seems to be enjoying playing more minutes. Will be a great selection issue next year.

Does his job every week cant ask for much more!
As others have said his output will be more noticable next season with a few more experienced mids around the stoppages

When we have our clearance mid A team back we will see his true value IMO.

The biggest error he makes is getting into better positions than out side mids so that he gets passed the ball in positions that he is too slow to take advantage of

The biggest error he makes is getting into better positions than out side mids so that he gets passed the ball in positions that he is too slow to take advantage of

In other words he is covering for others who should be getting outside to receive. Hardly his fault then.

Has been bad below his knees a couple of times but you can't be unhappy with his mobility or tapwork.

Opposition mids are feeding off his taps better than oursā€¦ which should be better next year when we get Watson/Myers/Heppell/Stanton et al back.

Clearly our #1 ruck. Not sure I would pair him with TBell, JD has looked good as a pinch hit ruck and Loony seems to be enjoying playing more minutes. Will be a great selection issue next year.

I agree, looney is better than belly and i prefer him, the only advantage is bellchambers can actually mark the ball. Looney and daniher are almost useless in the air these days, actually we don;t have one tall that can regularly take a contested mark.

Has been bad below his knees a couple of times but you can't be unhappy with his mobility or tapwork.

I agree, looney is better than belly and i prefer him, the only advantage is bellchambers can actually mark the ball. Looney and daniher are almost useless in the air these days, actually we don;t have one tall that can regularly take a contested mark.

Daniher can and does take contested marks usually against more than one opponent !

Iā€™d like to see him run forward a bit more and kick a few goals. He did it at Brisbane, and it would sure help us out a bit.

Daniher is equal 13th in the entire league for contested marks.

would be top 5 in the Bnf, if the season ended right now imo

has exceeded all my expectations

Iā€™ve really enjoyed his input to our club so far, would happily see him for another couple of years. This is just my very very humble opinion, have not received any kick backs for saying this :slight_smile:

He is an actual ruckman which is a rather large improvement on last year

I've really enjoyed his input to our club so far, would happily see him for another couple of years. This is just my very very humble opinion, have not received any kick backs for saying this :)

He signed a three year deal so your wish has been grantedā€¦

We may have overlooked him a decade ago but we finally have our man.

In other words he is covering for others who should be getting outside to receive. Hardly his fault then.

Exactly, he makes better position to receive handballs than our outside mids, just takes 5 minutes to then get ball to boot, not his fault

I'd like to see him run forward a bit more and kick a few goals. He did it at Brisbane, and it would sure help us out a bit.

Heā€™s a garbage forward. Have you not noticed his contested marking is pretty ordinary?