Former #22 Matthew Leuenberger

Love having him at Essendon but he could have been playing in a GF this weekend. Instead he chose us and won a spoon.

A spoon that was out of our control will have a big fat asterisk on it.

As should the premiership.

Was excellent for us this year.

but but we donā€™t ever get the big fish wanting to play for us, at least the decent ones

Love having him at Essendon. He could have been on the injury list watching his teammates playing in a GF this weekend. Instead he chose spongey floors and won a spoon!!

I think itā€™s rather presumptuous to assume that he would have kept big Sam Naismith out of the sideā€¦

Thereā€™s no guarantee he would have gotten through the season.

Iā€™m sure he weighed up the this exact scenario last year. Chose a longer career with less travel and state of the art rehabilitation facilities, Over short term success.

Hows he tracking? Didnā€™t have any ice on his hammy at the end of game.

Chance for round 1 or no ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  way?

Wouldnā€™t have thought so. Standard 2-4 weeks

Out of all the players, he is the one we could least afford to lose. Sigh

1 Like

How the farken fark are we here, again, I mean farking come on disco. Questions need to be asked.

2 Likes

Hahahaha. Love the turn of phrase. Such exasperation!

just put him out to pasture.

Imagine if there was nobody on the LTI?

Surely there was some third / fourth string spud ruckman on somebodies list somewhere, that we could have got over to just stand there and nullify the contest.

Even the big farkin Russian Jamar should have gone one more.

Such a foreseeable problem to have.

1 Like

Could we not have gone harder at Toby Nankervis?

He is physically ready, throws his weight around, is at the age where he is ready to blossom and has come from a good system. Handy up forward too.
Richmond got him for pick 46 farking.

3 Likes

Iā€™m exasperated because it was so farking predictable. Tbell has basically not played since 2013 ffs and luey got his first full season in 4 last year.

This is not a knock on draper but we demoted the only other half respectable option on the list and drafted another who arrived with knee tendonitis.

Seriously every other list manager in the comp must just be ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  themselves, and with good reason. God imagine what weā€™d be saying if this was Richmond. Letā€™s not mention the guy we cleared before the season started.

Can we have a top up please?

1 Like

4 fit ruckmen is grossly overselling it. We had 2 notoriously injury prone ones, one pinch hitter who failed miserably at ruck work, and a tall soccer convert with knee tendinitis.

6 Likes

I agree with ivanā€¦ 4 fit ruckmen is a big stretch. Ruck has been such a big problem for so long and yet we donā€™t seem to address it.

We spent last year sweating on burger every weekā€¦ and when is the last time tbell got through a season?!!

Smack was one foot out the door and Draper was a long shot gambleā€¦

We needed another ruck option BADLY and yet there appears to be no effort to do so.

2 Likes

Interesting that Dodoro said if there was in draft trading we would have gone after English at the dogs pick.

I think we have tried to go for ruckman for a the last couple, just have not had the opportunity.

Hopefully it was more precautionary, felt something so iced him straight away. Either way it will be R2-3 at the earliest.

It is true that we were very interested in Tim English.

I spoke to an Essendon recruiter a month after the draft who said that we were indeed trying to trade pick 1 for two highish selections, mainly involving the Gold Coast but we tried all sorts of scenarios but clearly history says nothing eventuated.

I asked him who you would have gone for and he said most likely Ainsworth and English.

3 Likes

Anyone would think that we have had draft sanctions lately.

Sorry but blaming sanctions is weakā€¦ We could have gone after Nankervis/Vickery or any number of solid options but didnā€™t. Sanctions hurt but that isnā€™t the reason we have zero ruck depth.

1 Like