Former #22 Matthew Leuenberger

say it aint so.

vickery?

cool your jets grandpa.

4 Likes

laugh awayā€¦ but Vickery is more solid in the ruck than Ambroseā€¦ and putting JD in the ruck risks his health and takes away our biggest forward threat.

So Iā€™m not exactly a Vickery fan but when considering our options and our list structureā€¦ I was very worried about our ruck and it has come to pass. Whatā€™s worse is that we have seen this horror film beforeā€¦ many many many timesā€¦ and each time is just as scary as the last.

Donā€™t forget the Hawks are paying him half a million dollars a year.

1 Like

Leuey played 20 games last year. Seemed pretty reliable.

TBC had an entire year to get his body right.

McKernan is a good back-up when all goes to ā– ā– ā– ā– ā€¦ eg: now.

Draper is a very good future prospect.

Just how many ruckman do you blokes think we can carry on the list?

6 Likes

Vickery is an out and out spud with 1 good game in him every 2 years.

4 Likes

And that one good game is going to come in Round 1

3 Likes

Lol. Whatā€™s going on with Discoā€™s eyes?

I think people are forgetting Vickery has a 20 minute tank and then he is cooked.

Will no doubt start on fire, kick two in the first and play some good taps. Then he might as well go out with the vest on because you wonā€™t see him after that.

All we have to do is get Smack to play on McAvoy, and then when Vickery goes into the ruck put Ambrose in there and tell him to run him raggered, just take him on endless 200s for 5 mins and he will be gone.

3 Likes

News reporting that he will miss at least a month and saying it has been confirmed - no idea by who?

However if that is true means it is worse than your standard 21 day hamstring.

Probably a standard grade 1 hamstring but when it happens to someone with a history of hamstring strains they generally add a further week or two.

I know Looney had mainly knee issues at brisbane but Iā€™m pretty sure he pulled a few strings as well from memory.

The Hawthorn game is 13 days post injury.
The Brisbane game is 20 days post injury
The Carlton game is 28 days post injury
The Adelaide game is 34 days post injury

Hopefully he is back for round 3, but I reckon given his importance to the team and his injury track record that we will see him return for the Adelaide Crows game, all things being equal .

1 Like

Well if u had to lose him this is about the best time to do it. He got a full preseason in and we get 2 weeks recovery ā€˜freeā€™. Hawks was always less than 50/50 anyway and we should still have enough class to beat fc and lions. Hopefully he is back in round 4 and the season is still well and truly alive.

1 Like

I would argue that the best time to do it would be when our other actual ruckman is not injured.

4 Likes

Frankly until we put up for good quarters of footy, in a row, in a single game, we shouldnā€™t feel confident against anyone. Lions did actually win a game this preseason and managed to hang on and not let the opposition run over the top of them. Meanwhile we gave up healthy leads 3 games in a row

Fark Carlton you can just never take for granted.

2 Likes

Eleven. Eleven ruckmen can be carried on a list.

7 Likes

Why would he come to us? At Richmond he was close to a certainty to get a game. With us he would be behind Belly and Leuy when fit. So again - why would he come to us?

Same question as above - why on earth would Vickery choose us over Hawthorn? And in the unlikely event that he did, you can be certain Stewart wouldnā€™t have chosen us. Iā€™m not sure Iā€™d swap Vickery on $500k for Stewart.

1 Like

Round 3 return according to crow

RIP BERG

Looked to ping it pretty good so probably a pretty good result all things considered.

It will be interesting if the unlikely scenario of Belly coming back R2 and plays well.

Or if Smack goes out and played like he did for the first three rounds.