Former #22 Matthew Leuenberger

Looney had a very serious achilles problem at Brisbane, and some slight achilles soreness in the 2016 preseason iirc. We rested him immediately and thankfully he has had no recurrence.
Potentially achilles remains the worst known recurring issue for him. So we got off lightly with the hammy, and that is bad enough under the circumstances.

Looney is the most important player on our list currently. Everyone else can be covered but we are very light on for ruckmen. His contribution for the year will have a great influence on how our year will go!

Always glad when Leuy gets through the game unscathed, good return in poor conditions coming back from injury.

2 Likes

Is an incredibly uncoordinated human being

1 Like

Other than tap work, ā€¦ has seemed a little befuddled.

Weā€™re a better side with mckernan in it. He offers more than luenberger imo. Grundy is gonna give luey a bath around the ground, smack is a far better option in my book

4 Likes

Must be the first player in history to give away a free whilst partially being in a headlock.

9 Likes

We are in a tough spot with our rucks list wise atm.
Not sure how we go about finding the answer.
Weā€™ve given Draper a go so letā€™s so how he develops over time but the rest are honest toilers at best.

ā€¦ while clearly playing in front.

https://discourse.bomberblitz.com/uploads/default/optimized/2X/3/31103bc263c693af0a9d51646972a59935661dba_1_375x500.jpg

FFS!

12 Likes

Donā€™t think Iā€™ve ever seen a player have more fresh air kicks without being tackled

2 Likes

I am pleased his thread has been bumped. We need to talk about him and broadly speaking our ruck situation.

Itā€™s a bit ā– ā– ā– ā– .

1 Like

Heā€™s literally useless apart from tapping it. When was the last time he took a big clunk in the forward half, or at all, or kicked a goal?

1 Like

Is he even that great at taps atm though?

Thatā€™s my question

gets the ball, doesnā€™t do the quick easy dish off like most rucks do, tries to do more, panicks quick kick forward to the other teamā€™s defender. rinse and repeat. Hopefully belcho can do something.

New Team Rule: Mathew, every time you attempt to kick the ball you will be fined $1,000. Donā€™t. Just donā€™t.

There where 2 frees to Jacobs which seemed dubious (one bonafide bizarre) . and probably counted as stats for clearances. oe resulted in a goal.

Does anyone know what was actually paid? I screamed at the TV when that happened but like most BS decisions it wasnā€™t replayed.

Leuy was ok, Jacobs was molesting him all night and the umps did nothing.

3 Likes

I think it was a bit of both. Jacobs got away with absolute murder in the ruck contests, especially at throw-ins. At the same time, Berger does throw it on the boot without looking, too often. In the situation Smack would be a better option.

Iā€™m a fan of Smack but he gets torched by the bigger guys, thereā€™s a spot for both imo.