Former #22 Matthew Leuenberger

The game has gone past a luenberger type ruckman. He has one string to his bow and that’s tapwork and not much else. His time is limited imo

3 Likes

I think Jacobs had his head down behind Leuey’s back. Leuey lifted his arm up to contest the ball, brushed Jacob’s head (which was out of sight) and got hit with a high contact free.

Absurd.

Game has past ruckmen like him. Even those like Sandilands and Gawn, despite being 210cm+, are still strong enough around the ground. He’s a good tap ruckman, but his efforts during play just aren’t good enough. Even though Smack’s too short, he still puts in 100% around the ground due to his mobility and his ability to quickly put boot to ball. If Bellchambers is fit, I honestly think he may be a better option. I can see Grundy destroying Leuenberger next week.

His only impact on the game is negative. Delist, at seasons end if necessary but preferably now.

Lacks basic motor skills. Not a great tap ruckman either. No point continuing with him, he is a liability and below Vfl standard.

I thought he was pretty good in the ruckwork tonight and beat jacobs convincingly at centre bounces. Around the ground it’s difficult when you are getting raped in front of the umpire with no whistle. Jacobs is like an octopus.
Anyway his skills are pretty bad but i think in the ruck he is alright and competes well. I’d be pointing the finger at some of our more highly paid players from our leadership group if targeting anyone last week and tonight.

1 Like

IN: JAMAR

1 Like

He is limited but he is the best we have. T-Bell would be much worse.

I think we’ve gotta give Bell a go at this point.

Reckon we won more clearances with McKernan

1 Like

Recon we won more games with McNernan.

4 Likes

I reckon Bell offers more around the ground and up forward than Leuey. Probably a bit less than McK does but at least he might not get monstered in the tap outs.

I honestly think mckernan is our best ruckman. Which doesn’t say much. YIKES

Loony won the hitouts, . 38 to Jacobs 33, & we halved clearances, . 5 more from the middle, 5 less from stoppages. so he did pretty well in that respect.

Just not as well around the ground as he has done, and was, last year. Hopefully that improves.

I still think there are some fish bowl memories going on. Jacobs would have torn Mcnernan to shreds.

Bellchambers is a Hail Mary at this stage, he hasn’t played regular or decent football since 2013. That’s a friggin long time ago.

Looney may be our best bet at the moment, but that’s a crushing thought. He has been very, very ordinary these last two weeks, and those fresh air kicks are becoming embarrassingly frequent.

Our ruck situation has been disastrous since Judas left, and it’s probably gonna be our most pressing issue heading into the next off season.

Please be good Sam Draper…

8 Likes

He may have won the hitouts last night but the majority he would have hit straight down the throat of Adelaide players.

He needs to go.

Except we had 5 more centre clearances than the Crows sooo …

5 Likes

A big deal was made at the time of his drafting. The best ruck prospect in a generation was just one of the many layers of expectation put on him by others. It turns out that he is a ‘good ordinary player’ who would get a game at most other clubs right now. He has his moments, both good and bad.

He was pretty good, pre-injuries.

1 Like

Under 14s?

1 Like

He was pretty handy last year for us

3 Likes