Former #22 Matthew Leuenberger

Looks like he’s holding a Granade every time he has the footy

2 Likes

Doesn’t it though?? Fkn monstrous hands …

Would much rather Draper play in future ahead of poor old Leuey, he’s cooked it

2 Likes

Harsh criticism of him. He was ok today. Sure Gawn had a good game, but Luey was fine. The free to Gawn near the point post in the 3rd was laughable. Luey did not touch him. The lunatic umpire gave a free because he wasn’t looking at the ball. The problem is he has to actually interfere with Gawn for it to be a free…unless of course you come from the AFL umpiring department where robotic interpretations are the norm and common sense is a perfume.

1 Like

I think the free was actually payed against Bags (unless we’re talking different incidents)
I’m actually not so much critisizing him, more so i just think he has lost too much pace/athleticism and would prefer to push developement of Draper

1 Like

If the free was against Bags, then it was a worse decision than if it had been against Luenberger.
But I get your point about Draper versus Luey. Unfortunately from what I have seen of the VFL, Draper isn’t anywhere near ready yet and would get badly beaten by Gawn. At some point this year, I’d like to see Draper get a look in, but I’m not sure throwing him in against Gawn would have done him, or the team, any good.

3 Likes

i would take smack over leuey from here on in

leuey can take the bus with myers.

I’m sorry but he’s done time to bring in Draper.

1 Like

He tries his guts out. There were times today he actually got into some really good spots but he is just horrible by foot.

I wish Bellchambers had loonies worth ethic when he takes the field

I said at the end of last season, get rid of Smack and get another young ruck on the list.

Because we’re heading towards a crisis:

• Smack to be delisted for being not quite good enough.
  • Leuenberger delisted because he’s cooked.
  • Bellchambers with few peak years remaining.
  • Lavender, well who knows.

It could all happen very quickly, leaving us with Draper as the only semi-solid thing we’ve got.

Draper barely gets VFL ruck time!

It doesn’t look like many AFL teams will ever play two ruckman again, so stuff flexibility: Draper needs to be the clear #1 ruck in the VFL, now.

If he’s needed at AFL level, Loony isn’t going to forget a decade of ruck craft by being a distant #2 for a while.

11 Likes

i’m not in to drugs, but i think i’d need some smack to get through watching another game from leuey.

3 Likes

Suspended for 1 now

What’s that for?

Missed that.

Whacked Gawn apparently

Harrowing.

Surely his defence is that he spent the entire game not going anywhere near Max Gawn.

7 Likes

Yeah right.

Oh well gives Draper first ruck at VFL level

2 Likes

From memory, so I may be off the mark, Gawn ran at Luenburger and Luenburger put an arm towards the head of Gawn, which Gawn duly ran into.

Sounds a bit like what Tom Mitchell did to Goldstein last week. Mitchell also got a week, would be a true statement if there was any consistency or integrity in this sport.

1 Like

WAIT Leunberger got suspended for hitting someone??

FKN L-O-L

8 Likes