Former #22 Matthew Leuenberger

Blockquote

Me was told…

2 Likes

Confirmed

Official. Retired.

Thanks Lauey. I’ll never forget you playing on, running in to goal and tripping over your own feet.

Seriously though I wanted him in the Gumby draft. He was there when we need him in 2016 and will always be grateful for that.

14 Likes

Thanks Luey. Interesting we offered him a contract and he turned it down.

We will need to draft a ruck now.

2 Likes

Would have loved for him to stay on a year and help with Draper’s development. Best wishes and thanks for your service, Loony.

1 Like

That’s a nice thing for him to say. And he sounds genuinely excited by what is happening at the club.

He donned the red and black and gave what he could for us. So good luck to him.

23 Likes

Same.

1 Like

Already missing the burger.

Thanks Big Mac, played your part in the rebuild from EFC merde episode. Best of luck.

Any chance he is interested in a non playing role at the club. He has helped Draper immensely and would be great to see him there when Sam makes it to the big stage

Best wishes to the big bloke, what a great mentor he has been.

I was hoping that he’d be a VFL mainstay, mentoring Draper and co and useful senior back-up when required. all the best and thanks.

I wouldn’t think so mate.

But I reckon he’ll be there the day Sammy debuts.

1 Like

Thanks, Leuey for your part in our revival. Let’s hope he can be persuaded to stay and pass on his knowledge. Also praise for knowing he wouldn’t be able to put all his heart into it and so not taking a spot someone else could fill.

3 Likes

All the best and thanks for you contribution to the club.
That is a real quality statement from Luey. He must be a decent sort of chap.

2 Likes

He’s a ripper bloke.

3 Likes

Dang. Was hoping he had one more year left in him. Made the right call by himself and the club though.

Damn it. Would have been good to know pre trade period.

Any half decent DFA rucks about at present?

Well done for Leuey for what he did at EFC however. Made the most of his career despite his injury woes and top bloke whilst at it.

2 Likes

I wonder what hes moving on to?, said he was ffered a contract, but probably not one on huge coin.

His signing was a good one where someone wanted to play for us during the saga period.
Gumby, Hansen now Leuy all gone, big 3 talls from that draft.
but Reiwoldt is still running around.

1 Like

It’s clear he wants his new life to be a move away from footy. He is clearly not up (fire in the belly) to training as a player anymore, but whether after a bit of time away he gets that bug to doing something footy wise… who knows.