Former #22 Matthew Leuenberger

dont think so. his statement indicated he would be moving outside of footy

Was that the game that Jamar hurt his hammy but came on just to knock someone out knowing he’d be out injured for a while anyway?

4 Likes

Hope it doesn’t effect belly he always plays better when there is a genuine contender to his number 1 mantle. I liked luey, he was pretty unco but never seemed to get pantsed, the old style ruckman that just cancelled out the other ruckman for a nil all draw, which was perfect as a back up.

3 Likes

When Draper starts to dominate in the seniors we all know who to thank for guiding him there. All the best Matty and thanks for being a great clubman.

2 Likes

We’ve had some very good rucking mentors, hope we can continue that trend

Is Jamar still a ruck coach for us?

1 Like

I think we always did need to draft one. We’ve got a lot of our long term list management eggs in the Draper basket at the moment- we will need a gun ruck in 2-3 years when the current crop of 20-25 year olds hit their peak and a solid backup

“I felt like the flame is now burning too low to compete every day at training let alone game day, and it would have been selfish of me to show up for another season.

“I look forward to sitting back as an Essendon fan to watch next season unfold"

Thanks Burger. You’ve been a fantastic clubman since coming to us. Wish you’d stuck around for another year. Always gave 100%

7 Likes

Thanks Berger for the assistance, especially in 2016.

Does mean we have one less top 10 draftee on the list!

Thanks Burger a fantastic clubman . Wish you’d stuck around for 2019

1 Like

He’s a big loss Leuey, played fantastic footy for much of the season despite having to play forward a lot more than he’d probably have ideally liked to, would’ve been first ruck for a lot of AFL teams last season. His loss will particularly be felt culturally though, ripping person around the club.

21 Likes