#22 Sam Durham - thru to 2028!

Rewatched the last quarter. He was absolutely massive and a massive reason we won the game. Even without the last goal

This bloke can seriously play and thrives on the tough stuff. Add hobbs caudwell redman and guilfy to that list and we finially have some guttsy players

19 Likes

More Seymour than skinner

1 Like

If you havenā€™t done yourself a favour and rewatched the last quarter itā€™s well worth it. Durham is extraordinary

7 Likes

Lets just call him Bull

2 Likes

Just imagine with me for a moment, how good a player we have on our hands, if he plays at that last quarter level for the remainder of his long career.

I love the way he throws himself at and scoops up the loose ball in a contest and just throws in a spinny move for fun

6 Likes

Noticed it in a few of his early games with us. Heā€™s very good at attacking a loose ground ball in such a way that he puts his body between the ball and an incoming opponent. Protects the ball, and puts himself in a position to win an itb free if the oppo is clumsy.

4 Likes

Has a very impressive vertical leap on top of all his other attributes

2 Likes

DUZ

Love the fact that Richmond would have drafted Durham if they were picking before us and not the pick after.

4 points to dodoro

2 Likes

Was very very good.
More importantly heā€™s playing a lot fewer bad/quiet games this year.

1 Like

Always been a fan. Hes so dynamic across the ground. Skills can sometimes be so-so, but hes quick, a great mark, tough at the footy and offers options all over the ground.

6 Likes

Fixed

1 Like

If you were referring to my comment that wasnā€™t what I was alluding to.

I was there.

He Seymour of the ball than most.

2 Likes

Leaving aside effort heā€™s tidied up his technique around contests too. Used to give away too many frees for high/late.

1 Like

Centre bounces beckon for this kid I think, almost seems like a waste not to use his attack at ground level where itā€™s most important at the coalface.

7 Likes

Donā€™t think I have ever watched wingmen like Durham and Martin who cover so much ground. Martin seemed to be everywhere in defence and in the middle and in the last quarter was everywhere winning contests.

5 Likes

He just reminds me of a combo of all those players.

Bit of hawker, bit of baker, bit of Nobby.

And sort of looks like Pritchard from hawthorn but itā€™s a fair compliment.

7 Likes

Iā€™d recon clubs would have something similar in place.

Itā€™s just that weve never thought to have anything similar ourselves.

Honestly think we have our wingers secured for the future with Durham and Martin. So young and already brilliant players. Will be elite in a few years. Very exciting.

7 Likes