#22 Sam Durham - thru to 2028!

■■■ if Ross gets suspended for that the AFL should pack up.

If Merret got done for that I’d go back in time and erase Michael Christians genetic lineage.

1 Like

He didn’t. Not even cited by the MRO. Which is the correct call.

Bigger questions need to be asked about how duz got cleared from the windhwger bump

That’s is what makes other mids take short steps and gives your own mids confidence.

1 Like

That’s so good, we haven’t seen that kind of act since 2000. I love this stronger side.

1 Like

Love those repeat efforts

2 Likes

Good on him, but this seems incredibly generous unless the bickies are small.

Other clubs would have offered up 4yrs to wedge him out, agree with HYU that it is well deserved.

4 Likes

400-500k per year is probably right with todays salaries. The average is mid 400’s and people said it’s raised by the high salaries but there are also 100+ draftees and rookies in the league.

Anyone who is best 22 with a track record of selection / availability and not on a draft / rookie contract would be starting at 350/400 for most cases moving fwd anyway.

4 years…. It’s fine, good on him.

Blitz gonna melt when McG signs for 7 :joy:

The way he stays in motion after that first tackle in particular is Elite talent right there.
How many players lose their feet in a contest?

That is what I call EDGE !!!

3 Likes

Was hesitant Durham playing on ball because I thought he was a good wingman, and we know Essendon’s track record of changing players’ positions! But he’s a ripper in the midfield, tough as nails.

3 Likes

There is footage of Hird also hunting the ball in a similar way, brushing through opposition players to get to a third player and lay a tackle. Duzza was instrumental in that passage of play, bringing elite pressure to bear on the hapless Saints who stood in his way.

4 Likes

I’m not sure on the body of evidence that statement is based on. 4 years is usually for either elite players or youngsters who look top level promising. Durham to date hasn’t demonstrated that he’s either; he’s mostly demonstrated that he looks like being a good average player, with some upside and some risk still. He might be a bit more than ‘good average’; he might be just average. Hell, 3 years for someone with his accomplishments to date might have been considered a good deal.

I’d be doubtful any other club would have been interested enough in getting him to offer 4 years.

1 Like

4 Years is good.
It fits the window, and it appears he is considered to be a key member of the core cohort that will be Essendon’s next tilt.

If he keeps up the onfield EDGE, he is also a possible VC eventual Captain.
He is displaying similar traits to Merret and has the potential to lift the Team with the kind of defensive intent he displays

1 Like

Haven’t you heard, 4yr contacts are the new 3.
Durham on a 4yr deal is the least of our worries when discussing Essendon list management, good get imo.

2 Likes

Most Courageous

6 Likes

Love this bloke.

8 Likes

Rapidly becoming one of our most important players.

19 Likes

Never take him out of the middle again.

I just wish we’d traded Parish last year. Could have had 3 top picks (including Tsatas) and had a better long term midfielder in Durham

3 Likes

Worth those 4 years.

8 Likes