#22 Sam Durham - thru to 2028!

I said it in the match day thread, but the way he plays has me worried for his long term health. Don’t want him getting another concussion this early. We want him for the long game.

3 Likes

Another solid game. None of the Flashy stuff, just good honest hard work.

2 Likes

AFL young gun Sam Durham and model Paris Bishop go Insta official

An emerging AFL star has gone Instagram official with a high-profile Melbourne model girlfriend after rumours emerged last month.

Rising Essendon star Sam Durham has gone Instagram official with a high-profile Melbourne model.

Rumours of Durham dating model Paris Bishop emerged last month after the pair stepped out together at the premiere of the movie Challengers.

Watch every game of every round this Toyota AFL Premiership Season LIVE with no ad-breaks during play on Kayo. New to Kayo? Start your free trial today >

But now they’ve stepped it up a notch by making it official on social media with Bishop posting several images of the happy couple.

Bishop posted several images of the couple with a love heart and drink emoji captioning the Instagram carousel.

Included in the upload was Durham’s teammates Archie Perkins and Nick Bryan along with their partners.

Perkins’ partner Coco Prentice commented: “The best”.

Darcy Parish’s wife, Grace, commented: “Lots to love about this.”

Durham, 22, was the ninth pick in the 2021 mid-season draft and has played 59 games for the Bombers, including 10 of the club’s 11 matches in 2024 to date.

Melbourne beauty Bishop is signed to the Chadwick Models agency and regularly posts paid promotions on social media, boasting 171,000 followers on Instagram.

Bishop made a surprise appearance in the Essendon rooms following the club’s round 5 victory over the Bulldogs.

Durham is from the small town of Seymour in the Goulburn Valley, Victoria.

He is clearly impressing Essendon officials, signing a four-year contract extension earlier this year keeping him at the Bombers through the end of 2028.

It’s a massive vote of confidence for a player that had to fight for his AFL career through the mid-season draft, having been overlooked for the national draft for two straight years.

Durham told the AFL website in March his background helped him during his battle to reach the highest level.

“Growing up in a country town, country boys are a bit tougher than the city boys,” he said.

“I’ve had some tough mentors in my life and you don’t really shy away from it.

“It’s always been the way that if you go in hard you’ll be right.”

The Bombers currently sit second on the ladder, two points ahead of Port Adelaide in third place.

Durham will line-up for the Bombers on Sunday afternoon when the club take on the Gold Coast Suns.

From The Newsroom

news.com.au

2 Likes

Kids on top of the world right now - good for him, you love to see it for someone who earned it the hard way

Stay grounded Duz, don’t lose yourself to the bright lights

4 Likes

Agree
I am guessing she’s banking on a few thousand Bombers’ supporters following her.

He’s a classic good solid footballer. Who knows how far he’ll get to. But clearly a top Seymour lad which is no surprise…They’re good people up there.

The country just north of it amidst the rocky outcrops is more than OK farmland. And wine territory I discovered on a recent trip back.

1 Like

Paris Bishop appears a great match up for Durham. I don’t want to put any pressure on the young couple, but I’m expecting at least 12 father/son, father/daughter prospects out of this liason.

Just so long as Sam doesn’t turn up on match day exhausted.

1 Like

Amd I hope you’ve both enjoyed the latest Wrexham series as we have. Great watch isn’t it?

Meanwhile Duz is a beast and this game on Sunday will see him step up again I reckon. Truly believe we’re witnessing a very very good career unfold.

2 Likes

Played so well. Heart in mouth stuff when he was nursing that ankle.
Attacked the ball when it seemed like everyone else was standing on their heels.
Has earned the week off and lets hope he keeps his form up in the second half of the year.

15 Likes

our best tonight. his improvement really has been extraordinary - says a lot about how much a crapshoot the draft is. Give me this bloke over Tsatas, Hobbs, Perkins, Cox, Reid everyday of the week.

11 Likes

Yeah, he’s a star. The way he scythes through traffic at pace is a thing of beauty.

3 Likes

…maybe we should move Durham to the HB and Martin to the forward line…

Watched this guy again closely. He is our most effective mid because he hits hard, can mark and uses the ball very well. One of the main reasons we have improved this year. He has such a big heart and along with Merrett and Caldwell never stops giving his all. I wish the rest of the team were the same.

13 Likes

Why?? Durham is our best midfielder!

1 Like

Absolutely love this kid and you can see why he’s Scott’s favourite.

When was the last time Essendon has had a midfielder that hits contests as hard as Durham?

3 Likes

He is unequivocally the best thing about 2024

13 Likes

Other than Merrett.

Merrett is our best midfielder.

1 Like

Was absolute bullshit when a Carlton bloke pulled him to ground by the neck and shoulder, fell in his back and then copped holding the ball.

5 Likes

Jason Johnson didn’t shirk the issue, closest I can come up with but Bull is getting to another level.

1 Like

I haven’t really seen a mid hit a pack or a contest as hard as Durham other than Dangerfield

1 Like