#22 Sam Durham - thru to 2028!

Durham the first Hind prodigy, hope Hind takes him under his wing and shows him everything

2 Likes

Damn ā€¦I did not know that

1 Like

Itā€™s a shame

What odds the Tiger players are allowed to promptly come to Perth, but Durham isnā€™t?

So for a guy like this, drafted from Victoria, how and when does he even link up with our team given this farked up situation at the moment with border closures and what not?

Dodoro always gets the best players, canā€™t believe heā€™s done it again

3 Likes

Iā€™m only as indifferent towards this news as I thought I would be, so thatā€™s good.

7 Likes

dunno about that haircut

1 Like

Some older posts from the Tigers Big-Footy thread on the mid-season draft:

fargothegreat said:

Durham doesnā€™t excite me at all. Looks like a VFL player.

sanaya said:

would be happy with any of ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– , freeman or callow. no guaranteed world beaters but decent potential/injury coverage. its the midseason draft and thatā€™s all you can ask for

newcombe looks good too but apparently opted for a 4 year contract and pretty sure that means heā€™d have something going on with the hawks cos heā€™s a boxhill player, maybe will be sam mitchellā€™s lil project when he takes over the hawks

also durham is my favourite vfl listed player for us but i donā€™t think heā€™d be getting picked up but who knows, im selfish but if we donā€™t take him i hope no one else does because i enjoy watching him at vfl level

Charlie Pannam said:

So far Iā€™ve seen us linked (in the media) to
Shlesong
Durham
Stengle.

Pies apparently keen on Stengle. Rated Cal Twomey as the most talented outside the AFL

Durham has been ok in the 2ā€™s, rangey hb who has good pace.

Schlesong sounds a good fit particularly with Astbury struggling, ?? over Miller and Garth.

From the listed nominations (over 600) 2 of our VFL players Mcdonagh (rebounding hb ) and Nathan (tallish back) have nominated (along with Durham).

Get ready to be surprised I reckon weā€™ll use this opportunity to add the best talent rather than necessarily replacing Soldo with another tall

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/attachments/1622247546757-png.1139948/

1 Like

Thought we were selecting 2 tonight. We passed on 22.

1 Like

New world in the morning

1 Like

I asked a Big Footy Richmond supporters who were angry at us drafting him to tell us (Big Footy EFC board) about him. Copied below:

tugga said:

fu** Essendon taking Durham.

Coach_Required said:

Thought the same thing, reeks of Carlton to me

Hi tugga and Coach_Required , sorry to drag you over to our message board. But you both seemed upset that we drafted Durham, which makes me hope you know something about him? Weā€™re scrambling to find out anything about him, thereā€™s some 2019 Draft Central profiles and the AFL mini-blurb on him. Information is pretty sparse.

Would you mind letting me know a bit about him, and why you wanted him? Any info would be appreciated.

TUGGA
Has improved out of sight.
footy hasnā€™t been his first choice of sport but now that he has committed fully, has really come on.
Not big, but is agile and can play mid or down back.
I think he is more a long term project but he has good skills and can find the footy.
Iā€™m ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  you guys got him.

48 Likes

Cheers, great to be here.

6 Likes

Might profile as a wing long term. Does anybody know if he is getting a 6 or 18 month contract?

Rates highly

3 Likes

There are vfl mini matches (about 12mins) on the vfl app if anyone wants to see him in action. Havenā€™t watched so not sure how much he is involved in the highlights

Have we got any fit players in Melbourne for him to meet and have a kick with when he rocks up to the hanger for the first time? Gleeson perhaps?

1 Like

I donā€™t get it
Why pass? Look at our injury list. Tigers are rapt with getting Parker. Would have loved him at Bomber land-
Hope its not a Pickett repeat

7 Likes

Who does? This guy? For Snelling?

Cā€™mon Nino, youā€™re better than that.