Laird Weitering Docherty
Mills Lever J Hunt

Zerrett Grundy Coniglio
Bont Cripps Viney

Stringer JoeyD Heeney
Moore Hogan Fantasia

J Martin B Crouch Wines Petracca

Why would you not put all 5 Dons in?

I picked the 5 Dons first thing then added shittest players of the lot so that their competitors would get the one less vote. Maybe I’m juvenile. I don’t care, fk em.

Hahaha yeah I can understand people who might do that. Just not my go.

Incidentally, I see that pickle Sam Landsberger selected his team for tomorrow’s Herald Sun and has Peter Wright at Centre Half Forward and no Daniher at all. Hahaha!

Yes, Joe has some issues in front of goal but he does nearly everything else to a pretty damn high level and has plenty more runs on the board than Wright who has played what, 15 games?

Not sure which game it was during the weekend but the commentators were rating their best 5 young forwards in the league (think it might have been the GC game) out the options of Hogan, Cameron, Lynch, Daniher and Moore.

Every single one of them had Daniher as 5th on the list other than BT who had him 3rd or 4th. The discussion that followed was one long puff piece about how Hogan had the best hands, Cameron the best goal kicking, Lynch the best mobility and Moore the most potential… barely even a mention of Daniher… almost like he was an after thought.

I’m not sure whether it has been our incredibly poor offensive this year, our horrendous form or just plain bias but I found myself wondering whether these flogs even watch the games.

I then thought about it and did a little research. Point 1 would be that Daniher clearly plays more of a CHF role than the other 4… with him have more Inside 50’s than any of the other four. Point 2 would be that JD is also playing in the worst team of all five (right now, this year) with absolutely no support around him whatsoever for most of the season.

Irrespective of that, Daniher is in the top 2 for contest marks and contested possessions- meaning he wins his own ball. This is in direct contrast to Cameron who averages less than 1 contested mark per game… less than 1!! The real area that lets JD down is his disposal efficiency which sits at 63% and clangers (average of 3.1 per game). Essentially he makes more mistakes than the other 5.

Lynch clearly leads that pack as a pure full forward and I would take him first but I would honestly take JD ahead of Moore and Hogan who both have big issues with reliability and consistency. I would have cameron last for the startling reason that he has no ability to win his own ball.

So probably hugely irrelevant but the thought that Daniher is not the leading ‘young’ CHF in the comp is laughable, just laughable. Just add his name to the list of EFC players that will need to be shown a lot more respect next year when we actually get back to playing some half decent footy as a team.

I’m not sure the opposition can show him anymore respect. They already have a defender hanging off each arm, and one sitting in front of him.

As for the media… pls.

Interesting that Marty made the squad, but no Langford or Laverde. Just saying.

Laverde has had injuries, and actually gone backwards over the year because of them to a slight extent, and Kang has been in & out on a learning stint.

They’ll both join their 5 brethren next year, as will Francis, Conor, Redman & Long.

Interesting that Marty made the squad, but no Langford or Laverde. Just saying.

Laverde has had injuries, and actually gone backwards over the year because of them to a slight extent, and Kang has been in & out on a learning stint.

They’ll both join their 5 brethren next year, as will Francis, Conor, Redman & Long.

i welcome our new kang overlord.

Redman didn’t make the squad…

Dons make 22Under22 squad

Aug 7, 2019 12:57PM

BTV: Media Conference | John Worsfold - August 7

Senior coach John Worsfold spoke to the media at The Hangar.

Related

Exciting young Bombers Andrew McGrath and Darcy Parish have been named in the extended squad for the AFLPA’s 2019 22Under22 team.

Both have been named in the midfield crop among the league’s most promising young stars and you can help them secure their place in the final fan-voted side.

To be eligible for selection in the annual team, players must be aged 22 or under for the entirety of the season, including finals.

McGrath is one of just five players shooting for a hat-trick selection in the side after being named in the back pocket in each of his first two AFL seasons, while Parish is aiming for his maiden selection.

Follow the link below to help the Bombers claim their spot.

CLICK HERE TO NAME YOUR 22UNDER22 TEAM

Harris Andrews is still that young? ■■■■■■ hell. Good use of a pick in the 60s.

I’d have Redman in front of Dawson and Fritsch, personally. Fritsch was pretty meh playing as a defender. Good forward though.