#23 David Myers Retyers

LTI list, does this mean Smack plays in the forward pocket and rucks for 10mins each quarter. 2 ruck men in the same team, can this be done at EFC. I say bring it on.

PS. Myers is one of my favourite players, so here’s hoping for a quick and full recovery.

As frustrating as he is, I’d have Smack ahead of Stewart as the relief ruckman role at the moment.

And I certainly don’t want Joe Dan doing it, especially given that he is coming back from a knee complaint.

So Smack it is. Could well be his last chance as an AFL player too, and rightfully so. Now or never.

Jake Long has a chance to stake his claim on Sunday as well.

I heard the real reason for the 2 months off is because he is starring in the movie unbreakable 2.
I heard the real reason for the 2 months off is because he is starring in the movie unbreakable 2.
I'm guessing he is playing the Samuel L Jackson Role and not the Bruce Willis role
LTI list, does this mean Smack plays in the forward pocket and rucks for 10mins each quarter. 2 ruck men in the same team, can this be done at EFC. I say bring it on.

PS. Myers is one of my favourite players, so here’s hoping for a quick and full recovery.

McKernan is in the squad vs the Suns, so I say keep playing him in this role and if he keeps kicking goals, why wouldn’t we.

At the risk of being repetitive, he has not had much of a go against AFL competition other than as a first ruck or in times gone by as a key position player.

As a 3rd tall mid who gives a ruck chop out, I’m very curious how he will go without the pressure of a full time key big man role.

However a big man trying to run in the Mackay heat/humidity at 3 in the afternoon, we may have to temper our expectations. But if he has positive forward impact contributing or helping kick goals, I say keep him in the side for the first four rounds if he is making a positive contribution and that is his chance to see if he is a keeper, at least until if and when there is another LTI where we are short on big men.

Really wishing him well.

I was just reading this and saw a dog called davids memory runnig paying like 20 bucks and i figured it must be an omen. Backed it each way. It hit the front and tripped over its own feet not a lie.

Just want him back so he can wreck some havoc on others. Get well soon DM.

Fingers crossed.

I was just reading this and saw a dog called davids memory runnig paying like 20 bucks and i figured it must be an omen. Backed it each way. It hit the front and tripped over its own feet not a lie.

Go Nads!

Ye of little memory . When Hird first started coaching he played three rucks!

NatRat was in that team too.

Four rucks.

4 Likes

Has he had a bit of a setback or is his recovery just going slow?
Has been 5 weeks since the injury and it was initially thought he would miss 6-8 weeks but now I see he is listed as still being 4-6 weeks away

Maybe tacking on the extra weeks that hell miss to get his touch back once the fingers healed up

I think it was last weeks injury report with Crowey where he said Myers will be available in 4 weeks so there should only be a few weeks to go. Unless I completely misheard that.

Announced yesterday that he is still 4-6 away

I think you’re right Aceman. Just checked March 21 BTV injury update and Crowe said 2 more weeks in a splint and then a few weeks after that as he begins to handle the footy again.

He and Loony attended our little function before the Hawks game, and he reckons everything is ok.
If he’s not worried I’m not either.

6 Likes

Ok, as in ready to play in the next couple of weeks, or he’s out for another 3 months but he’s okay with that?

As in there have been no setbacks and everyone is happy with how things are going.

2 Likes

The Carlton game this Sunday will be a day short of 7 weeks since he got injured. It was described at the time it occurred as a 6-8 week recovery time.

He should definitely be available for a run around against Collingwood VFL on April 23rd and put his healed hand up for selection against Melbourne in round 6. Especially if we are leaning towards making a few more changes than we ordinarily would due to the challenging 4 day break.

The positive is that he won’t have de-conditioned as much as if it had been a leg injury of some sort.

I don’t think he’s an automatic inclusion when he is fit. I think the midfield at the moment has a good balance of pace and grunt. I think bring him in, also hocking for howlett upsets the balance as well.

1 Like