#23 David Myers Retyers

Has anyone yet mentioned how many games he’s played in 10 years and if he’s lucky to be contracted or not yet?
Just checking.

7 Likes

Bookmarked

I’m not sure how much protecting those guys will need in 3 years time but even so I’m not sure whether Myers’ 30 year old body will be up to the task

Aside from McGrath none of the blokes you mentioned need protecting now, let alone in 2-3 years, and playing 8 games a year isn’t going to protect them much.

He has been out of the game for a long time, so I agree he needs a full practice match, but he is a senior player once touted as a potential captain or VC such is the respect he has among the playing group for his leadership, knowledge and ability.

The only thing keeping him out of the 22 would be too many of his type or a policy in favour of development.

The fact that we are winning also goes against him, as we will be reluctant to change things up too much, but I feel at some point Watson, Stanton, Heppel, Parish, Langford, McGrath, Kelly, Goddard, will be rested and Myers will come into rotations.

1 Like

So far no Hitler references though.

Hitler only made it through around 5 or 6 years once things really started moving in his career.

1 Like

Remember when melbourne were offering pick 6 for him???

or was it pick 1 and viney??

i forget.

8 weeks from when you’re put on the LTIL. Not 8 weeks from the start of the season.

1 Like

If this image is of todays training **, the splint is off.

** Dated stamped 4/4/17

3 Likes

The splint definitely came off yesterday and he’s expecting to be selected for the VFL next weekend.

3 Likes

The length of time nominated for him to be on the LTIL will mean that he is not eligible to play until the Anzac day weekend. Therefore he can’t play any football (AFL/VFL) this weekend or next, whether he is ready to go or not.

He cant even play at VFL level? Thats shat.

How do the LTIL rules work again?

I’m hoping for a Dean Wallis like late career blossoming.

Without the spreadsheets

2 Likes

Very debatable as to whether or not he is best 22.

I think he has a place. I still think we lack a senior midfielder from that second tier that can come in and support the a-team (Hepp, Zerrett, Watson), that where Hocking, Bird, Howlett etc are all competing for. Personally Myers is in and his penetrating HOOF gives him a point of difference just like Colyer and his pace. Obviously he has to perform but for mine he has a role.

4 Likes

I think bj, parish and to a lesser extent Langford are doing an excellent job of spring the a team

well thats one way to make it to the ignore list!!

lol. I love how footballers years are rounded up when people are ‘building their case’ against a player. Who would have thought, they year after he is 27, he will be 28! Mind-boggling. Maybe it should be - ‘was 26 not long ago and in the prime of his footballing career’.

If Myers gets back to near his best he’s a candidate for the best 22 although maybe not a certainty without injuries. More so in future years if Jobe and Goddard pull the pin. But so much revolves around injuries for Myers.