#23 David Myers Retyers

Don’t be fooled by the stats. Myers with the help of Bird killed St Kilda at the stoppages…there just wasn’t many of them, it was that type of game.

Similar players Ross, Stevens and Steele all had low numbers too.

2 Likes

If Myers gets back to his best he makes us a better side. Starting to show signs of it.

Myers and Bellchambers were the difference in the middle.

4 Likes

Never ever ever thought I would hear anyone say that.

1 Like

Looks a totally different player to the one that we saw earlier in the season.

Loved that goal to finish the game.

1 Like

Maybe Myers is on Blitz

2 Likes

Should’ve offered him five years…

1 Like

Haven’t heard that happening at EFC since Jason Johnson’s last season when he was in a bad run of form & Sheeds wouldn’t drop him.

As I mentioned in a previous thread, this happened just before the Swans game & it’s a pity he wasn’t replaced by Bird

Also how about outmarking Riewoldt, but then getting jipped by the umps? I didn’t think he could mark over his head?

He’s been hanging to contribute a goal - I’m glad he got one.

2 Likes

Yeah that was a disgrace that decision. Went back with the footy turned and used his knee to push reiwolt out for a grab, buddy did that they would be calling it mark of the year.

1 Like

Loves a clearance.

Three or four blokes hanging off him at times and he almost never goes to ground. Absolute unit

2 Likes

No - he said ‘he asked to be dropped’ not ‘he asked to be dropped off a cliff’

2 Likes

I remember thinking at the time, if that was Hurley it wouldn’t have been a free. The sort of decision that only goes against non-star players.

Myers goal at the end of the match was one of the highlights for me. His reaction… the players reaction - put a big smile on my face.

8 Likes

can’t be emphasize enough the little things that he brings -

gaining an extra few metres when the ball’s locked in
standing up in a tackle for that extra second
applying pressure to whoever’s extracting the ball - compromising the delivery.

really like what he adds.

2 Likes

4 blokes hanging off him and he still gets a handball out

3 Likes

Watching the replay of the North game. I liked Myers’ game. Particularly his cleanness below his knees and intelligent clearances to advantage by handball. He also blocks and uses his body very well in congested situations. I’ve been a fan of Myers for a long time I’ll admit - I think he is much more than a ‘hoof it long’ zone breaker. His ‘craft’ as an inside ball winner is IMO highly developed and I can see why the club has invested in him regarding the length of his contract.

Let’s hope he gets continuity with his football because he has a skillset that we are short on - and my view is that the club whilst likely throwing their hat into the Kelly\Martin circus, will be doing everything to get Jacob Hopper to the club to add to our inside midfield stock.

7 Likes

Another game, another blind left foot bomb to the opposition.

His inability to find himself enough space to be cleaner with the ball infuriates me