#23 David Myers Retyers

Watching the game on replay his inside work was better than it appeared live. He needs to be told that he is only an average kick. He has delusions of grandeur. What is he from 40-60 meters out? 1 goal 10 behinds and 10 oob/fall shorts for the year. Goes for it every time. Never learns.

1 Like

He’s the type of player we’ve had too many of for too long. Just an average AFL player. If he went 2nd or 3rd round people would be more willing to accept this. He’s played very few good games over a long period of time. Should have traded him to Saints when we had the chance, but hey, hindsight is a wonderful thing. Missed a lot of footy, which hasn’t helped him too.

2 Likes

Didn’t he do his hammie late in the game?

He was grabbing at it just before half time

Please play bird instead of this guy. I feel bad because I get the impression Dave is a good bloke and very well liked at the club but deadset, he’s a liability.

4 Likes

Blind kick, blind kick, blind kick, shot from 60m that falls 10m short, blind kick, blind kick…

3 Likes

3 Likes

Myers style of footy, quick blind kick out of the stoppages was perfect for our game style 3-4 years ago. But sadly it just doesn’t work in our game style now.

Someone who has been around as long as he has has to be having more of an impact in games. He just isn’t doing that on a consistent basis.

It would be generous to call him 1 dimensional. He is 0.5 dimensional. He’s actually pretty fkn decent when he’s good but ohhhhh myyy when he’s bad…

2 Likes

Similar to Pears I reckon, he showed a heap before he got injured and just couldn’t get a run at it after that and was cooked. The forced season off was just the final nail.

That happened fast. Myers now being talked about in the past tense?

slow as ■■■■ too.

horrific in the air.

is a midfielder playing as a defender

He hasn’t been playing as a defender though. We chucked him to the backline when he 1st came back but he’s been playing mainly midfield since.

Well he’s got 2 more seasons after this one so hopefully we can find a role for him!

Been criticised for this before but I just don’t see “it” about him. Yes, he can win the odd clearance but then just bangs it blindly forward, usually to an opponent & they’re away. At 28 (or thereabouts) he’s not going to develop new tricks. I understand he’s been hit with injury & obviously what happened last year but IMO our midfield/side is too slow with he, Jobe, BJ & Heppell in it. His defensive game is very ordinary.

I really think we need to see what the market is for players like him. With the club seemingly wanting to develop Langford and/or Laverde in that bigger midfielder mould, perhaps it’s worth seeing if GC are interested in him & our third round pick for one of their glut of second rounders?

6 Likes

Still can’t believe we gave him a 3 year deal

2 Likes

I agree with a lot of what you say. He’s a very one dimensional player. I do believe he can play a role though.

Jobe will most likely be gone at the end of the year and BJ will play a utility role like he has in the last few weeks.

Myers can provide an enforcer type role by providing a big body around the contests that can free up Merrett and Parish and co. to do their thing.

He just signed a three year contract so I think he’s here to stay.

Yeah, that was a bit rich. Perhaps they have some sort of coaching role lined up, but even that doesn’t really justify it.

Why?, he showed so much promise in his 85 game career, spanning over 8 seasons.

Why 3 years, because we need a large beast man extractor and Jobe is on his last extractions. Also pretty soon we’ll have Stewart / Hooker / Joedan owning the forward arc and players can just hand it to Myers who’ll loft it 80 metres in from anywhere in the centre and we’ll goal.

2 Likes

None of that justifies giving someone as injury plagued and inconsistent as a myers 3 years.

5 Likes