#23 David Myers Retyers

When I see his name at the top of the post list I immediately think he’s injured again. :expressionless:

He’s quite possibly the most overrated player on our list. Has really not done much at all his entire career but glimpses of the player he could be. The glimpses are good, when fully fit he’s shown hes a pretty handy player but i think there are some massive overrations of his ability. He’s a good player but he’s just that. For a bloke thats barely played in 2 years, id think he’s far from a lock

He's quite possibly the most overrated player on our list. Has really not done much at all his entire career but glimpses of the player he could be. The glimpses are good, when fully fit he's shown hes a pretty handy player but i think there are some massive overrations of his ability. He's a good player but he's just that. For a bloke thats barely played in 2 years, id think he's far from a lock

Yep agreed. The signs were good when he was moved into full-time big bodied midfielder but injuries held him back and he never really got a good run at it. I still hope he comes good but he’s played what, 80 odd games in almost 10 years? Above he has been tipped as a potential vice captain… my oh my.

Great bloke and great player but 85 games in ten years just isn't enough. Can only hope it finally comes together for the next three years.

With 3 more years there is every chance Myers will reach 100 games.

Injury free David Myers is an absolute lock for best 22, regardless of how much footy he's missed over the last couple years.

You look at our midfield and other than an ageing Jobe we don’t have any other big bodied inside beasts than can dominate the clearances and stoppages. Sure we have players who can play the inside roles and still do it to high level (Heppell, Merrett) plus some with potential in that role (Langford, Laverde) but I think there’s better upside as a team right now with Myers or Jobe ripping it out of congestion and feeding the other midfielders.

If Jobe doesn’t want the captaincy I’m tipping Myers to be Heppell’s vice captain.

I dunno, Heppell is an AA inside mid, who does all his best work at stoppages. I wouldn’t say he can ‘play that role,’ that actually is his role.

Myers is at least 3rd in line behind Heppell and Jobe, plus if you wanna put defensive mids into the mix, he’s behind Hocking too.

He will most likely play a fair bit of footy this year, but he’s hardly a lock in the ‘everybody to choose from’ Best 22.

I think he could see some time in the twos. Langford is possibly ahead of his as a big bodied mid, as well as obviously Hep, Jobe and Hocking. If someone like Begley breaks out early he could struggle to get a look in. I reckon the three year deal he got was very generous considering what he has achieved. SAGA guilt probably got him an extra year.

I think he could see some time in the twos. Langford is possibly ahead of his as a big bodied mid, as well as obviously Hep, Jobe and Hocking. If someone like Begley breaks out early he could struggle to get a look in. I reckon the three year deal he got was very generous considering what he has achieved. SAGA guilt probably got him an extra year.

I’m full lid off on the Langford train, but he hasn’t gone past Myers as a big bodied mid just yet.

A more flexible player, sure, and certainly more dangerous up forward, but he hasn’t quite arrived as an on baller at this stage.

Overration.

Don’t think Myers is overrated at all. His shortcomings are repeatedly highlighted on this forum (injury prone, one dimensional, average overhead etc). Personally, I think despite his injuries, he is a very good player, ahead of Hocking comfortably and looking forward to him reminding a few people of his talents next year. Is rated highly by opposition coaches which usually tells you something.

He would be in my best 22 easy…we really missed him and Hocking in 2015

At his absolute best there is no doubt he is a valuable player. I'll be interested to see whether he has improved his agility and overhead work at all. Of course there is aways the question of his durability.

Managing the selection of jobe, hepp, Myers, Hocking, bj and Langford will be one of woosh’s many selection headaches. I simply can’t see how he fits all 6 in. One way or the other there will be some handy players in the vfl.

Frankly amongst that list I think Myers has demonstrated the least versatility which I think counts against him.

A 3 year contract is a vote of confidence though and I think he still has an important role to play as the side transitions away from jobe and bj over the next couple of years.

If he is squeezed for senior football this year though and stays fit expect him to be attracting serious interest come trade week next year. Not ridiculous to suggest he could draw a first round pick for us.

Regardless hope a bit more luck comes his way and he has a massive year.

If this happens it would take an insurmountable lead as the greatest trade of all time for EFC, and on a level of bad for the other team rivalling Aaron Fiora, Richard Tambling, Cale Morton, Lucas Cook, Aaron McAlister and James Davies combined

It wasn’t ‘saga guilt’ - it was specifically said that all players would be offered an extra year to make up for the one lost.

Myers did an awful lot of marking/kicking at goal today. And it wasn't awful.

Did he have someone trying to stop him making?

Yep. Francis.

Great, so your saying Francis is a dud!

He's quite possibly the most overrated player on our list. Has really not done much at all his entire career but glimpses of the player he could be. The glimpses are good, when fully fit he's shown hes a pretty handy player but i think there are some massive overrations of his ability. He's a good player but he's just that. For a bloke thats barely played in 2 years, id think he's far from a lock

I hope he kicks your ■■■ with his left leg

It wasn’t ‘saga guilt’ - it was specifically said that all players would be offered an extra year to make up for the one lost.

Does that not sound like saga guilt lol?

At his absolute best there is no doubt he is a valuable player. I'll be interested to see whether he has improved his agility and overhead work at all. Of course there is aways the question of his durability.

Managing the selection of jobe, hepp, Myers, Hocking, bj and Langford will be one of woosh’s many selection headaches. I simply can’t see how he fits all 6 in. One way or the other there will be some handy players in the vfl.

Frankly amongst that list I think Myers has demonstrated the least versatility which I think counts against him.

A 3 year contract is a vote of confidence though and I think he still has an important role to play as the side transitions away from jobe and bj over the next couple of years.

If he is squeezed for senior football this year though and stays fit expect him to be attracting serious interest come trade week next year. Not ridiculous to suggest he could draw a first round pick for us.

If this happens it would take an insurmountable lead as the greatest trade of all time for EFC, and on a level of bad for the other team rivalling Aaron Fiora, Richard Tambling, Cale Morton, Lucas Cook, Aaron McAlister and James Davies combined

Yep agreed. If you think you could get a first round pick for a guy that can’t force his way into the side of a possible mid table team then I feel you may have been overindulging in a little too much egg nog.

Yep agreed. If you think you could get a first round pick for a guy that can’t force his way into the side of a possible mid table team then I feel you may have been overindulging in a little too much egg nog.

He could end up being the next Stuart Dew for a team pushing for the flag.

That he could. But the discussion was IF he was being squeezed for senior football.

So you’re saying he’s worth pick 45?

He’s coming into his tenth season and he’s played 80-odd games. You’d be lucky to get a third rounder for him if he was on the market.