#23 David Myers Retyers

I don't want to see Myers doing anything this year except hoofing it 70 metres, either straight over the goal umpire or directly into Daniher's hands.
I don't want to see Myers doing anything this year except hoofing it 70 metres, either straight over the goal umpire or directly into Daniher's hands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egFr1cwNORU

Exactly. Although I think there’s a couple of his biggest missing from that collection.

In the intra club today he had the ball inside the centre square. A few players called for it and he smiled and pointed to the goals.

He kicked a point but it hit the net behind the goals on the full about three quarters up. Despite having the wind, it would have travelled 80-90m.

So what you’re saying is that unless Daniher is at least 100m off him when we have the wind, he shouldn’t bother leading.

In the intra club today he had the ball inside the centre square. A few players called for it and he smiled and pointed to the goals.

He kicked a point but it hit the net behind the goals on the full about three quarters up. Despite having the wind, it would have travelled 80-90m.

So what you’re saying is that unless Daniher is at least 100m off him when we have the wind, he shouldn’t bother leading.

Centre clearance:

“I’m open!”

“Nah, have a spell Joe”.

Bang!

HOOF

I thought he played pretty well yesterday. Some classic in close work and Hoofs.

I thought he played pretty well yesterday. Some classic in close work and Hoofs.
Agreed. He was one of the ones who helped Red dominate the second quarter.

I didn’t recognise him. Myersy is in ripping condition. Looks to have trimmed down and is a lot more mobile.

He was great, even Tippa couldn’t stop him. Tippa made the tackle to take him down but Myers got the handball away with ease.

Shouldn’t the Thread title be, “David Myers Left HOOF!” …??

Don’t Hassle the Hoof.

He was great, even Tippa couldn't stop him. Tippa made the tackle to take him down but Myers got the handball away with ease.

Hmm. I kind of want to see how he goes in the same situation with an Ambrose tackle now.

Looks in ripping Nick.

He seems to be doing everything right to gain selection. However, Woosha had him in the hopefuls earlier in the pre-season, and had tentatively moved the Myers magnet to the HBF. Imo he is probably better as a big bodied mid, or not at all, so its out of him and the Langford imo. If they rotate on the bench/ HFF, I could see Myers hoofing goals from 60 m out.

He seems to be doing everything right to gain selection. However, Woosha had him in the hopefuls earlier in the pre-season, and had tentatively moved the Myers magnet to the HBF. Imo he is probably better as a big bodied mid, or not at all, so its out of him and the Langford imo. If they rotate on the bench/ HFF, I could see Myers hoofing goals from 60 m out.

Where are you getting this from?

FWIW I think the only midfielders who have a definitive starting spot confirmed at this stage are Watson, Heppell and Merrett

Where are you getting this from?

FWIW I think the only midfielders who have a definitive starting spot confirmed at this stage are Watson, Heppell and Merrett

As I recall it, Woosha mentioned this himself in an interview just after Christmas. I gather the thought process was: We have 10 players coming back, 7 of whom are mids, but we only have 3 starting positions and 1, maybe 2 on the bench, what will we do with Stanton and Myers ? So they sent Stanton down to work with Harves. That still leaves Myers, maybe we could try him off half back ?

However, as the preseason has worn on and we have had intraclub matches it has enabled Woosha to see where the players are at, and TBH, Woosha now has a problem, in selecting the best 22, we have a lot of depth, including a lot of players who have played many AFL level matches…

Jobe Langford Myers and hepp is just too big and slow for my liking, regardless of where and how much they rotate.

That said 2 on the ball, 1 forward, 1 bench, yeah maybe. But what about bj?

I still think Myers is the least versatile of that group and it likely costs him.

Will play an important role over the course of the season though.

All 4 of those guys will fit with no problem at all.

You likely won’t be adding Bird, Hocking, Howlett though. And it will be difficult to find a spot for the slower winger types.

But the four inside gorillas… no problem.

All 4 of those guys will fit with no problem at all.

You likely won’t be adding Bird, Hocking, Howlett though. And it will be difficult to find a spot for the slower winger types.

But the four inside gorillas… no problem.

I’m far from convinced. We’ll see soon enough.

Why does Ivan hate Myers so much? This is reaching Andrew Welsh levels.