#23 David Myers Retyers

Looks in ripping Nick.

Thank you

Had to duck into the Locker room bar dunnies for a pull after his first hoof in 3 years

Had to duck into the Locker room bar dunnies for a pull after his first hoof in 3 years

Seems he did too - has done a finger tendon and out for two months.

Should bring him to the Scott Gumbeton memorial milestone of missing 100 possible matches in his career.

2 years out and then this?

Really feel for the bloke

Essendon midfielder David Myers has been struck down by a finger injury that will keep him sidelined for up to two months.

The 27-year old damaged a tendon at training this morning and will be forced to undergo surgery.

“David Myers got his finger caught in someone’s jumper, he’s ruptured his tendon in that finger and he’ll be in for surgery today,” said the Bombers’ Justin Crow.

“It means six weeks in a splint and then two weeks getting his touch back normally to then play football.

“The good news is it’s his right hand so he’ll be able to continue to guide the ball with his left hand and keep running over that period and maintain the really good training base he’s been able to get this pre-season.”

Essendon midfielder David Myers has been struck down by a finger injury that will keep him sidelined for up to two months.

The 27-year old damaged a tendon at training this morning and will be forced to undergo surgery.

“David Myers got his finger caught in someone’s jumper, he’s ruptured his tendon in that finger and he’ll be in for surgery today,” said the Bombers’ Justin Crow.

“It means six weeks in a splint and then two weeks getting his touch back normally to then play football.

“The good news is it’s his right hand so he’ll be able to continue to guide the ball with his left hand and keep running over that period and maintain the really good training base he’s been able to get this pre-season.”

This bloke has no luck at all.

Poor ■■■■■■■.

I realise every person and injury is different, however I ruptured a tendon in my finger at footy training in late November and the good news is he should make a full recovery from this with no on-going problems. It was exactly 6 weeks before I could go back to training and catching the ball again and after a few more weeks of wearing a brace during training it was all good. Biggest issue was keeping the tendon and finger absolutely straight for 6 weeks as if it bends once then it was effectively back to day one.

Poor ■■■■■■■. Really hope he gets some continuity after this injury. Couldn’t happen to a nicer bloke either

I realise every person and injury is different, however I ruptured a tendon in my finger at footy training in late November and the good news is he should make a full recovery from this with no on-going problems. It was exactly 6 weeks before I could go back to training and catching the ball again and after a few more weeks of wearing a brace during training it was all good. Biggest issue was keeping the tendon and finger absolutely straight for 6 weeks as if it bends once then it was effectively back to day one.

Something like this?

Sucks

yeah… I did exactly the same to my pinkie, tackling in training, I caught the jumper and the guy turned sharply. I took a couple of years until it didn’t hurt when one of the kids would pull on my hand walking down the street, carrying up shopping backs etc. I prob didn’t have the treatment or take care of it the way DM will, but this could keep bugging him.

Ron Barassi came to visit at training, saw my finger, said I was whinging - “hey… look at my fingers - they’re all banged up…” - his fingers really did look like spaghetti - all crooked and banged up…

Hopefully he can keep his fitness up

I know one thing, at $133k he's first picked for my SC team.

Take him out.

2 years out now this. Going to be tough for him now

Didn’t Lloyd cop this injury against freo in 2002? (Same match Hirdy had his face smashed in accidently by McVeigh’s knee)

FFS

Memory might be playing tricks on me, but Isn’t he already missing a finger?

:expressionless:

He has had finger trouble before IIRC?