#23 David Myers Retyers

He’s 28 in 2 months, would you have preferred “he’s 28 this year”?

It’s true that people sometimes distort ages to make their case but I hardly think I’ve done so.

1 Like

Yeah fair enough mate - wasn’t having a dig at you personally - just the general theme!

I’d like to think he’d be cherry ripe for the dees game. our midfield will probably be in need of a refresh following a 4 day break after Anzac day.

1 Like

Yeah there is no doubt whatsoever we will have to bring in fresh legs. 4 day break only is going to be real tough after essentially a final like intensity game.

I would’ve taken just about anything.

I reckon our best 22 has exactly one of Myers, Hocking and Howlett in it.
And when Jobe and Goddard go, I wouldn’t be breaking my neck to bring in the remaining 2.

2 Likes

I’d like him to be mango ripe but that’s just me.

Myers would be back playing this weekend in the VFL but Doc Reid mucked up the paperwork; Myers thinks his senile so at least he sees the brighter side.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/rookie-error-essendon-ballwinner-david-myers-on-receiving-end-of-medical-paperwork-stuffup/news-story/f8bd61cd2d595e0fd33a675e2b90efcb

BOMBERS ball-winner David Myers has recovered from his broken finger and is fit to play this weekend.

But he will have to wait due to an administration error at Essendon.

The 27-year-old ruptured a tendon while tackling a teammate at training in mid-February and was placed on the long-term injury list three days later.

Under AFL regulations, once a player is placed on the long-term injury list, they cannot participate in a match “for a period of not less than eight weeks from the date the injury of illness is diagnosed”.

That he was listed as a long-term injury at all is peculiar, given the club itself initially said he would miss 6-8 weeks.

Round 4 will mark seven weeks since the former No. 6 draft pick’s injury was assessed and diagnosed.

“I’m actually right to play next week but the doctor mucked up the long-term injury list rules being senile,” Myers jovially told Krock Football on Sunday.

“So I have to sit out the extra week.”

Essendon’s club doctor is Bruce Reid, who was embroiled in the club’s doping saga but escaped sanction. There has been no suggestion the latest error is anything more than an oversight.

“He felt worse than anyone. He looks after us well but he’s copped plenty this week.”

The left-footer missed all but two games during the 2015 season with a shoulder complaint and was one of the 34 past and present Bombers to be suspended for 2016.

As a result, the latest setback pales into insignificance.

“You’re disappointed. That’s your initial reaction,” he said.

“But I’ve had enough stuff over the journey that you just stop getting affected in the end really. You just have to get on with it, get right and get back out there.”

Myers has booted 26 goals in 85 games since debuting in 2008.

Fark me.

3 Likes

Didn’t he leave?

1 Like

Wasn’t there an article that he would like 3 years ago?

Also I don’t think myers walks into the team.

Tell the Doc to get farked?

Oh god if history is anything to go by, Myers is going to get torn apart on here for suggesting the club mismanaged an LTI listing.

Yeah not even sure Myers would be in the side immediately anyway; either way that’s annoying

Yes! Anzac Day time

Wasn’t he our first LTI of the season
We needed a ruckman available for round 1
It made sense to open a position for Smack

Doesn’t matter, you still want him back finding touch in the twos. Once he’s fit, Myers is best 22 imo

Do you think he walks straight back in?

The issue is that this means he can’t play VFL this week.

1 Like

We messed up paperwork a few years with an LTI, or it could have been a rookie elevation. Cost someone else a chance to play AFL.

No, but yes… wtf has that got to do with anything?

1 Like