#23 David Myers Retyers

• Rated highly as a junior and taken early in the draft accordingly
  • Obviously rated highly within the club for his leadership and there has been many a mention that his football smarts and nous rival some of the best.
  • Instant collarbone breaks, drug sagas, continuous soft tissue injuries and freak back injuries.

Gee this guy deserves a good run of luck. A package of potential that may be never fully reached for many a reason but I really hope he just gets to play some continous footy.

1 Like

Struggling Myer plunges to $476.2 million loss
Daily Telegraph

I saw this headline and thought… Gee he’s only out for a week, what sort of money is this bloke on?

12 Likes

Myer’s pain has been building for two decades
In-depth The Australian Financial Review

With this headline… No truer word’s ever been spoken.

8 Likes

Saw these posts and thought someone lost big on BLITZCOIN panic dollars…

My memory tells me Myers was tackled by Dangerfield who fell into his back, then got up and kicked a goal - It was a definite free kick to Myers.

Not if it was Dangerfield.

should we stick a fork in him.

The man has many forks already in him. He keeps pulling them out.

3 Likes

So a few days before round one they scan him and find that he has no strain/tear in his calf and that it was only tightness.

… yet it seems he will go on to miss the first 3 games of the year. Would hate to see how many he’d miss if he tore the thing.

4 Likes

just a slight knock

2 Likes

IMG_2428

4 Likes

And yet bring a player back too soon from injury and Blitz will proceed to melt J.Crow’s neatly-structured face!

1 Like

What would you say if he had been played, and injured himself?

like those dudes in band of bothers that ran away from hospital to get back to the front.

myers with a leg held on by gauze and elastoplast.

‘IM GOOD WOOSH PUT ME IN’

1 Like
3 Likes

but yeah, call curtains, get him a development coaching role.

i look forward to him being skipworth’s successor as head coach.

I’m not questioning the medical staff, they would be guided by Myers’ ability to complete pain free high intensity running. If he hasn’t been able to do that to their satisfaction then fair enough.

I’m more amazed that you can be out for three weeks with no apparent strain, just tightness. Just shows how much Myers struggles to get his body right.

At this point, you’d want to be paranoid about Myers, wouldn’t you? I don’t think he’d survive another 6-8 week injury. At that point, it would probably be over for the poor guy.

2 Likes

Sent for scans, no damage to the calf, 3 weeks later still not available. That’s weird or they bullshitted us.

2 Likes

Think he actually DID a calf and has a groin issue.