#23 David Myers Retyers

He is one of my favourite players. I really think he will step it up next year. Needs to be on the midfield rotation fulltime...no backline!!

and when he floats around the 60 meter mark you get those scotty lucas tingles.... another reason to keep him away from the backs

What he lacks in agility, he makes up for strength he cannot be taking to the ground soooo strong in the hip area.

Bullish!

davidmyersgif2_zps156923b4.gif

Does anyone have this but just as a picture instead of a gif? Please?

Champion!!! Thanks a lot DJR!

EFC twitter says that he has just re-signed.

Brendon McCartney is furious

http://www.essendonfc.com.au/news/2013-12-24/contract-extension-for-myers

Contract extension for Myers

December 24, 2013 3:12 PM

BTV: David Myers highlights Watch highlights of midfielder David Myers from 2013.
20131224_Myers_P.jpg

David Myers has signed a further two year contract extension, which will see the 24-year-old remain in the red and black until 2016.

Essendon Football Club is pleased to announce David Myers has agreed to extend his contract for a further two years.

The midfielder, who was initially contracted until 2014, will remain in the red and black until the end of 2016.

The 24-year-old said he was delighted to have put pen-to-paper on the eve of a new year.

“I am thrilled to have signed an extension with the club, as I believe we are entering a really exciting new period,” Myers said.

“We have a really strong and united playing group that is heading in the right direction and I am grateful that I get a chance to repay the loyalty the club has shown me.”

Senior coach Mark Thompson said the new contract extension was a reflection of Myers‘ impressive development over the last few years.

“David is a hard working and dedicated player who has tremendous talent. He is a fantastic person to have at our football club,” Thompson said.

“While he understands there are areas of his game to further develop, he is emerging in to an established midfielder and we‘re excited to have him on board at the club until at least 2016.”

Myers, who comes from Western Australia, has played 65 games and booted 21 goals since making his debut in 2008.

Exodus.

Great news! A real vote of confidence for 2014.

Good stuff. A player of emerging significance for us.

the speculation that he wanted to get to St. Kilda can now be confirmed as Bullsh*t

the speculation that he wanted to get to St. Kilda can now be confirmed as Bullsh*t

That would be put down to Connors (?). Would have said "beauty, we can line up a new club with more dollars and he can walk out on his contract. What? You don't want to leave? But I said you wanted to go and you wanted more midfield time...this is making me look like an opportunistic prick....what? I am an opportunistic prick? Oh...fair enough"

No!

Reverse Exodus.

Well done Dave!

Excellent to have him sign on.

It is great to see all the boys, especially the fringe and up comers, signing on despite probably being able to gain more minutes and coin elsewhere.

Not only do we have an incredibly talented and young group, but a very close and tight knit group which is even more pleasing.

All of the guys on that list want to play with one another and are determined to reach their ultimate goal together.

It is nice to look at our list and go: “wow, that is one of the best lists I have seen in a long time for the red and black and probably one of the best in the league at the moment.”

Just feels like a team of best friends and that is equally exciting.

Like most of the reporting about Essendon at the time.
So much for the 'mass exodus' that the papers breathlessly reported as the next crisis facing the Bombers.

Fantastic news, hope to see many more celebrations like he did against Carlscum

One of my favorite players now. Just needs to get to the next step and rack more of the pill.

HOOOOOFF

Exodus.

Matt Finnis has been so busy helping all the players get out of their contracts.  Poor guy.

Well done Dave!
Excellent to have him sign on.
It is great to see all the boys, especially the fringe and up comers, signing on despite probably being able to gain more minutes and coin elsewhere.
Not only do we have an incredibly talented and young group, but a very close and tight knit group which is even more pleasing.
All of the guys on that list want to play with one another and are determined to reach their ultimate goal together.
It is nice to look at our list and go: "wow, that is one of the best lists I have seen in a long time for the red and black and probably one of the best in the league at the moment."
Just feels like a team of best friends and that is equally exciting.

Agree.
It really is great to see all these players (bar Cramileave) sign on (I forgive Gumby). You would have been forgiven early on for believing there was really going to be an exodus, however for whatever reason, and call me old fashioned, there does seem to be a loyalty at work here that bodes well for EFC.
Bring on 2014.