#23 David Myers Retyers

I have Myers as a lock for Round 1 - Get’s a clear run and he’ll have a fine season.

Once saw him baulk two swans defenders and run the ball out of the back 50

True story.

I think he will have a great season.

He seems to be doing everything right to gain selection. However, Woosha had him in the hopefuls earlier in the pre-season, and had tentatively moved the Myers magnet to the HBF. Imo he is probably better as a big bodied mid, or not at all, so its out of him and the Langford imo. If they rotate on the bench/ HFF, I could see Myers hoofing goals from 60 m out.

Jobe Langford Myers and hepp is just too big and slow for my liking, regardless of where and how much they rotate.

That said 2 on the ball, 1 forward, 1 bench, yeah maybe. But what about bj?

I still think Myers is the least versatile of that group and it likely costs him.

Will play an important role over the course of the season though.

Are you mainly referring to our midfiled? Essendon has always been slow team in the middle and in general, if you look at the intra club match the line ups in the centre for the red team was Bird, Myers, Langford with Zerret and Long buzzing around on the outside. While the black team had Parish, Jobe, Hepp with Zaka and Colyer on the outside. That shows Woosha mentality IMO.
I think If Myers or Lang is in the 22, they will probably be rotated in other positions and put in with other speedy type since I don’t Woosha or the coaches like having slow players play in the same position together.

I reckon Myers is still tremendously important. We need the Hocking and Myers types at each stoppage to provide Stopping, Blocking and Scragging work. Combined with a big bodied extractor and a quicker foot skilled mover we then have a more complete combo at each stoppage, and the Myers type provides space for the other two to work in. Its all about combinations and rotations. For the purposes of illustration…

Group one. Hocking,Watson, Zerrett
Group two. Myers, Heppell, Parish
Group three. Bird, Langford, Zaka

Myers is more than depth in my opinion.

Myers will play round 1… unless injured (likely)

I am fully on the Myers train after the intraclub match. I think he will have his best season by far. He looks in best condition Since arriving at the club.
I think he had put on too much bulk when he arrived at Essendon, and was playing semi-Key Position role. Then got moved into an Inside midfield role under Hird.

In the under 18 competition he was an agile-athletic tall hbf/winger. If he can add a couple of clicks to his acceleration, on top of his contested ball winning & long kicking. He could be an absolute gun.

Hopefully the weight lose means less soft tissue injuries.

get the ball into trav, zerrett and tippas hands and we’re good.

get the ball into trav, zerrett and tippas hands and we're good.

Wouldn’t have said that a few years ago. A credit to him.

Why does Ivan hate Myers so much? This is reaching Andrew Welsh levels.

I know you are taking the ■■■■ but for the record it is not true. Myers hasn’t played anywhere near enough games for my feelings to have become that amplified.

If he is best 22 where does Myers rotate too when not bench/midfield? He is a liability as a defender IMO and has never shown much forward. He is probably best suited to being number 2 tractor who plays midfield pretty permanently.

What happens with our talls may ultimately influence this. If Langford is required to play a more permanent forward role maybe there will be room for Myers.

I know you are taking the ■■■■ but for the record it is not true. Myers hasn’t played anywhere near enough games for my feelings to have become that amplified.

If he is best 22 where does Myers rotate too when not bench/midfield? He is a liability as a defender IMO and has never shown much forward. He is probably best suited to being number 2 tractor who plays midfield pretty permanently.

What happens with our talls may ultimately influence this. If Langford is required to play a more permanent forward role maybe there will be room for Myers.

LOL. That’s a good line.

I actually don’t disagree with you. Heppell, Watson, Langford and Myers is slow, then if you’re running BJ and Stants through there, and then try to fit Hocking in… It’s all looking 2014 Elimination final.

Although not identical roles, I reckon only two of Myers, Hocking, Goddard and Stanton can play, especially if we want game time into Parish and midfield time into Langers.

I think you are right PP. But I would probably throw a blanket over Myers, Hocking, Goddard, Kelly, Stanton and Bird for 2 to 3 spots. However, that’s a ■■■■■■ good problem to have IMO. I think back to the start of 2015 and get excited from there…

I am fully on the Myers train after the intraclub match. I think he will have his best season by far. He looks in best condition Since arriving at the club. I think he had put on too much bulk when he arrived at Essendon, and was playing semi-Key Position role. Then got moved into an Inside midfield role under Hird.

In the under 18 competition he was an agile-athletic tall hbf/winger. If he can add a couple of clicks to his acceleration, on top of his contested ball winning & long kicking. He could be an absolute gun.

I don’t recall Myers ever being too bulky. I just recall him being injury prone AF and having next to no continuity in his footy. I recall a late season game under Knights where he picked up 30 possies as a mid, then again Leroy did too that day.

I am fully on the Myers train after the intraclub match. I think he will have his best season by far. He looks in best condition Since arriving at the club. I think he had put on too much bulk when he arrived at Essendon, and was playing semi-Key Position role. Then got moved into an Inside midfield role under Hird.

I don’t recall Myers ever being too bulky. I just recall him being injury prone AF and having next to no continuity in his footy. I recall a late season game under Knights where he picked up 30 possies as a mid, then again Leroy did too that day.

There was a game against Sydney at Etihad where Myers came on as the Sub just after half time and finished with 20 disposals.

LOL. That’s a good line.

I actually don’t disagree with you. Heppell, Watson, Langford and Myers is slow, then if you’re running BJ and Stants through there, and then try to fit Hocking in… It’s all looking 2014 Elimination final.

Although not identical roles, I reckon only two of Myers, Hocking, Goddard and Stanton can play, especially if we want game time into Parish and midfield time into Langers.

Agreed and bj is basically a plug anywhere utility and Stanton is the elite bracket of the comp for hard running

That is exactly what should happen. Langford mainly on the HFF with the odd stint mid. He is good in both positions, but a 3rd fwd is where he is needed most from a team perspective IMO. Dana, Hooksy, Langas, green, tippa, rotation player (resting ruck or fantasia)

Fantasia has a great tank and can play 50/50 mid where as tippa and green are great fwd but don’t have as big a tank for the midfield.

I think changing a small fwd with a ruckman in the fwd line could really keep the op on there toes. Obviously depending on the op.

Its going to be a year where we finally have some options. Other then our key possession players and obvious selections if you are not versatile you will struggle to get a game. Depending on injuries of course.

I know one thing, at $133k he’s first picked for my SC team.

Don't Hassle the Hoof.

David Hasslehoof?

David Hassahoof.

Looks in ripping Nick.