#23 David Myers Retyers

Something about dread, or something.

2 Likes

Supporters wanted the banned players back. Now your all ■■■■■■■■ about it.

1 Like

Yeah look fair play.

but were you serious? myers has been a panic merchant his entire career.

At what cost though? If someone offered Howlett 3 years should we have matched it? I wanted whats best for club, if that meant letting some players go so be it. Either way you look at it 3 years was too much for this player

I was not serious.

Ahh, sorry. hard to tell with the current climate.

1 Like

Ah no, that was the club. Many of us thought Hocking & Howlett were finished before the start of the year & I’ve never ever rated Myers as anything but a bog ordinary half back who only got midfield time because we have the worst midfield group ever assembled.

I’d say it was split with a minority wanting them gone and the majority wanted the romanticism.

He has never been or never will be a HBF. He is deadset aweful at HB.

1 Like

I know, but the reality is we drafted him as a HBF. This is where he was playing for WA because he wasn’t good enough to get much midfield time. Its also why we spent the 1st few years of his career playing him there. We wanted a rebounding defender & Dodoro drafted Myers with that role in mind. I think they identified guys like Enright & Jason Gram as tall running defenders & thought Myers fit the bill.

He did the same with Hibbred. Guess that worked out ok.

Nothing wrong with drafting a HBF to play HBF & for whats its worth we desperately need to replace Hibbo but to spend a 1st round pick on 1 when we had a shyte midfield was always IMHO a wrong move. This is why I was against drafting Myers from the start.

He can’t pick the ball io below his knees, he makes Scott Lucas look duel footed and he has the reaction time of a corpse.
People say he’s a future captain; if he’s in the team in future he’s either done the biggest 180 in terms of ability in sporting history or we’re properly faaaaaaarked

1 Like

he can’t handball it unless the ball is seated perfectly in his hand.

1 Like

Cooked, as simple as that, there is no coming good for him.

This game was where we needed him to stand up.

Needs to go.

2 Likes

Pay out the contract and move on and fire whatever moron gave him a 3 year deal.

Its bad enough that we did the deal but wtf was he doing even selected for this game? You can’t really be surprised he spudded it up… has been ■■■■■ all year… how he kept getting a game is for the coach to know.

Useless, only positive was that he didn’t get the ball enough to butcher it and had his highest disposal efficiency for the season… yay.

6 Likes

I’ve been standing by Myers…but…he’s given me very little this year to argue his case with.

Too few clearances, and of too low quality. Not much to separate him from Bird or Howlett really.

Looking ahead, I have to demote him in my best 22 selection process. Langford has leapfrogged him in terms of my preferences. Langford may not yet have the physicality, but a Langford clearance can occasionally measure up to a much higher standard. A Langford clearance can actually hit a teammate in a deliberate and uncontested manner. And there is still plenty of time for Langford to experience new onfield situations and grow.

2 Likes

Has there been a more “nothing” year from a player in recent memory? Crikey moses.

Agree. I expect Langford to line up in the midfield come round 1. Generational change is needed.

I don’t think Myers’ 2017 season has been materially better or worse than any of his other seasons? He had a few good weeks/months of form here and there in 2013-2014 if my memory serves, but he’s basically been a ‘nothing’ player for the vast majority of his career.