#23 David Myers Retyers

Myers is a huge liability as he doesn’t chase and when he does he can’t stay with his man, so many easy forward entries and goals were directly because myers is useless the moment the ball is more than a metre away from him

Yep.

Great use of a #1 draft pick. If he wasn’t drafted so highly would he still be here?

I don’t no, his leadership qualities are quite enchanting

Its fair to say that not only high draft picks have been held onto for far longer than they should have. Henneman was on our list for 7 seasons for a career high of 13 disposals :tired_face:

1 Like

Look we think he has a great constitution and will be a leader of this footy club one day

Why are people arguing about Myers v Bird? Neither are going to be in the team in 2 years!

1 Like

He comes from good stock. We did our due diligence so we were really pleased to get him.

1 Like

You’re way off JBomber!!!

He kicked 3 for the year :slight_smile:

I only remember 1 of his many attempts from 60 out actually being a goal. It reminded me of Anthony Rocca, he once kicked a really big torp from 60+ against us. I reckon he tried it dozens of times more for few positive results but the 1 time it worked was long remembered & expected.

we gave his 3 years… oh dear

Let’s just hope he has a ripping pre-season (history tells us he will break down at some point though) - works on his weaknesses and uses his frame better next year

deleted as not really appropriate or on topic, Mr Barnz. I don’t think we need that discussion.

Myersy’s 2018 profile pic. Just screams LID OFF!!

10 Likes

:open_mouth:

I like myers and think he will be a lot better in 2018. He played his best footy when jobe was out of the side. That said, he hasn’t become the player we all hoped he would become. What baffles me is why he was drafted so highly. It wasn’t just us that rated him. What was the big attraction? Surely his inabaility to kick on his right, slow pace,and poor overhead for his size can’t have been unnoticed by recruiters

Fixed.

1 Like

Why was Cale Morton drafted at pick 4, Jack Watts at pick 1, Tambling at pick 3 over Franklin at pick 4, why did Zerret slide to pick 26? How did Raz and Hooker both slide to picks in the 50s? How did Hirdy last to pick 79? How did someone like Brad Sewell get overlooked in several drafts and had to bust his guts for several years in the VFL before even getting a chance in the AFL?

Because recruiters are human and make mistakes. Players don’t develop as expected, players can’t handle to step up in level to the AFL.

4 Likes

Good to see that Myers is channeling the great man:

15 Likes

He was drafted way back in 2007 as a big bodied midfielder with a big foot. Back in 2007 you could get away with just being a big bodied midfielder who was a bit slow. Injuries have hampered his career (as too the Saga no doubt).

1 Like

Myers was actually one of our first half back flanker conversions and wasn’t considered slow at the time.

You win some you lose some.

2 Likes

#notmyhoof.