#23 David Myers Retyers

What is wrong with that sash…

Albert has his jersey on backwards! That’s why he was so good.
Opposition thought he was going but he was coming at you!

3 Likes

He played as a mid in WA…just HBF in the TAC Cup because they had so many mids.

Knights wanted him as an HBF though.

1 Like

The blokes still made it to 100 games and forged himself a decent and ongoing career - more than most of us here can say. Maybe it’s not of the quality of what many of us were hoping, but you can’t call him a dud, more of a cog or role player.

10 Likes

If the team is in good shape he won’t be in the side. If he is, then I’m thinking we’ll still be around that 8th-12th mark. He’s average paced, has poor disposal and a below average handball and isn’t anything special inside and I reckon he was 50/50 to get another year when he was handed a 3 year deal.

4 Likes

Farking hipster!
Burn him alive!!

FWIW I rated Myers under 18 highlights video similarly to Dustin Martin.

As said above… sometimes it works out, and sometimes it doesn’t.

Interesting as watching his highlights underage he had some pace. I think injuries to hammies and trying to bulk up have slowed him down.

1 Like

Great bloke. Average player.

We should have traded him when clubs were chasing pre and post suspension. Likelihood Jobe wouldn’t come back would have been factor in post & our inside mid stocks were already limited.

If we didn’t take him, we probably would have gone with Rhys Palmer instead. Obviously Danger, Rance or Cyril would have been great, but I’m not sure they were considered options by the club.

One of our coaches once commented that they were surprised to find that he could barley handball on his right when he came to the club. Goes to show how little we invested in our recruitment department that we could pick someone at 6 and not know this.

4 Likes

I want David Myers to have his best year at the club.

And still not make the 22.

2 Likes

14 Likes

ashby told an ump to get ■■■■■■.

should we re-list him?

2 Likes

2 Likes

It’s not bad but I reckon a ‘Dirty Sanches’ would suit him better.

Yep VFL B&F like Buddha last year.

Problem is Zerret, Parish, Smith, McGrath, Zaka are all small. There’s Heppel whose got some height but he’s hardly huge, and then Stringer who we arent expecting defensive grunt work from. Langford is a good size but yet to prove himself.
Unfortunately Myers might be required a fair bit, but I hope not.

2 Likes

So the entire year will be determined by the form and selection of one fringish player? Seems plausible.

Fwiw there have been Premiers and legitimate contenders with far worse players than Myers.

3 Likes

No. We know Myers will be ordinary. If he is playing all year then it means guys like heppel and Goddard are injured, Langford and Laverde arent firing and our smaller mids arent coping with their bigger opponents.

His form wont make a difference, the fact he is playing is more of an indicator.

A bit harsh but kind of true.

2 Likes

Well no not really. The last time Myers had a good run at it, we were top 2 pushing for top 4.

4 Likes