#23 David Myers Retyers

How long do we use that as an excuse?

I can understand cutting slack the first year back, but anything after that is fair game. Heppell needs to become an inside bull for us. He was on Cotchin at stoppages and was trailing behind him too often. I don’t see a spot for him if he’s not an inside mid.

Cotchin is a fine player, but Heppell needs to be better.

Really hoping they were all gastro victims.

Maybe this could be David Myers breakout year?

8 Likes

This stat kind highlights how mickey mouse our game was on Saturday… A young player who’s been earmarked for a crucial midfield role plays less than half the game and barely went near a contest…

Seriously, we took the gas on Saturday in most respects. Some areas of disappointment but the club took that game about as seriously as they did AFLX…

It could be. Was he born in December?

1 Like

Unless we were seriously training to be human witches hats.

Help me David Myers, you’re our only (inside mid) hope,

7 Likes

Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

2 Likes

Lets face it he’s almost 29 and not going tov turn out to be a super mid but hopefully he can stay injury free and hit his peek which will benefit the team. He just needs a bit more agro and start cracking some skulls.

I’m afraid this is a completely unrealistic expectation.

Exactly. He was fkn woeful last year. We could use a hypothetical “David Myers at his best” but the guy is 29 and nowhere near what people have in their minds. Wait till he gets back.

2 Likes

It’s truly remarkable how the perceived ability or value of fringe best 22 players rises with each game they don’t play. As far as i can deduce, if we play Myers, Colyer gets over his foot injury and Francis comes back to the club, we’re a lock for the flag.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t get a game on another list.

That’s the problem.

Is there another role for him?

Yes, the one he has played basically all his career. A midfielder who racks up the footy at will, uses it pretty well and doesn’t shirk a contest.

If he has a better season this year than in 2017, Heppell will finish top 5 in the Brownlow. I go on like a broken record, but 2017 was statistically his best year equal with 2014.

1 Like

Yes Myers is a big body player. But, he doesn’t find enough of the ball and can’t get it out when he does.

He doesn’t have that quick handball release that a good natural inside mid has. His first instinct is to kick. If he is bent down and picks up the ball he will try to stand up (getting tackled in the process) rather than quickly firing off the hand pass whilst still bent over or on the ground.

Sadly I don’t think he is the answer to the inside midfield issues.

Wat

1 Like

He’s talking about Heppell.

1 Like

Hypothetically if Myers won our B&F would it mean we win the flag or wooden spoon?

Same feeling I have if McKernan plays.

1 Like