#23 David Myers Retyers

For 2013/14/17, when both of them played a reasonable number of games, Myers averaged 19.6 per game in 14 games without Watson, 19.1 in 39 games with Watson.

W-L was 8-6 (57%) without compared to 25-14 (64%) with.

2 Likes

Thanks for that. Probably doesn’t say much in the end does it. :frowning:

Depends on the motivation, as everyone can go hard at it, given the correct carrot or big stick.

When I made the first eighteen at high school back when Ken Fletcher was a novice schoolteacher, my captain made is very clear that if I was not at the bottom of every possible pack fighting for possession of the ball that a severe beating would happen when I least expected it. I soon became an inside mid !

Or did you become the guy on the bottom of the pack flailing their arms around in a bid to avoid being beaten up?
I think we’re all talking about an effective inside mid here, not the weird kid continually at the bottom of stacks on the mill.

5 Likes

I am quietly optimistic about Myers this year.

Full preseason.

Utterly unheard of.

You probably just jinxed him.

3 Likes

I don’t really rate myers but even last year i thought we were better with him in the team than not.

The weird kid doesn’t know he is the weird kid

Joe has a Mo -GUN.

Myers now has a Mo.

I’ll let you figure out the rest.

80m drop punts OOF till the early morn?

1 Like

Connor is hard as a Cats head. Try’s a little more than your average “almost an inside mid”

Interviewed on SEN. Pretty much just loves the way everyone goes about it. It’s on the club podcast feed.

All Myers has to bring to the table to help our midfield is his strength. If he can maximise his usage of that aspect and let others supply the finesse, we are already better off.

2 Likes

And the reality is, right now, we don’t have anyone who can provide a body that size or strength in the middle that understands the structures. Which supposedly is a key strength of his.

4 Likes

Smack and Myers touted as the saviors…

Cant wait for the real stuff to start.

3 Likes

Lots of panic dollars being thrown around.

This bloke has plenty left to offer this football club.

5 Likes

Myers was more physical yesterday than I have seen him for a long time. He wasn’t just blocking bodies. he was hitting bodies. 6 clearances. Dead certainty to play round 1 .

11 Likes

He didn’t seem to have a massive game, but we looked so much better in the contests with him out there. Of course we looked a whole lot better than the last game in just about every respect, so it’s hard to say how much influence the extra big body had.

One thing I have noticed is that he seems to combine much better with the older players than the younger ones. Probably a reflection of how little footy he has played with half the team.

As I said earlier, even though he is injury prone, lacks form and isn’t a high possession winner. He is an important player this year.

2 Likes