#23 David Myers Retyers

Myers should not be blamed at all for his performance on the weekend.

The selection committee should never ever in their wildest dreams even remotely considered bringing him straight back in. Dumb.

i think myers bit dickson. shocking, throw the book at him.

1 Like

Is anyone here old enough to remember when Myers was actually in form???

1 Like

When I saw him lining up deep forward, you could just tell the coaches were trying to find a way to hide him on the field.

3 Likes

I actually think it’s one of those urban myths that never really happened. Like The Yeti, or the Loch Ness Monster, or Courtney Johns kicking 10 goals in a VFL game, or Scott Gumbleton sitting on guys’ heads, or Brent Prismall being any good…

On the way home in the train I was actually trying to think of 5 great games that he has played… I thought of maybe 1. Last year against Collingwood he got like 30 touches…that’s it

Gumbleton Mark 1V. Shows a lot about us actually.

He was very good in 2013 and 2014.

But so was Paul chapman.

The coaches and selectors have a long, long memory at times.

I can’t cop this.

First game he came back last year he was crap.
First game he came back in 2015 he was crap.
First game he came back in 2014 he was crap.

Pattern much?

got it

Was McKenna

Whoosh!!!

1 Like

Please don’t speak of Slattery again.

“Very good” is too strong for mine - I’d go with something like “consistently serviceable”. “Very good”, for me, is top half or better of the best 22 and finishing top 10 in our B&F - he never scaled those heights. Jake Melksham finished 5th in 2013 B&F, by the way, so it’s not like the competition was impenetrable.

I suppose he was “very good” by his own standards.

1 Like

Points with confidence

Myers was easily our best until he got injured late in the 3rd quarter…Hirdy’s last game as coach.

Joe does too

Edit: and brown

This guy is FCKED

Never thought I’d say this but I’d rather Jackson Merrett back in the team to give him extra match payments before he’s delisted before seeing Myers grace the field again.

Take the pick 6 out of it and he’s slow, can’t kick well or find targets and his handballing and bodywork are terrible. Only thing he was good for was a 60m bomb and even that stinks now. Honestly let him win a premiership in the VFL and then fck him off. Sounds harsh but I’m at my wits end with guys like him (and last year it was Hocking/Howlett etc) eating games from kids. He’s just not that good, at one time in 13/14 he was serviceable, but he’s cooked now.

4 Likes

11 years, 101 games, 3 year contract, leadership group.

3 Likes

how the ■■■■ did he get 3 years?