#23 David Myers Retyers

Guilt

He’s a good Essendon person

Guilt equals one, like the others, maybe two if you have a particular soft spot for him or concern about Jobe retiring. There is no excuse for three

IMO it was two years, with an extra year for guilt.

how is he a good Essendon person, apart from being at the club for ages

Senior player
Leadership group
Big body
Good tactician
Good bloke

And don’t forget. He’s a life member of our club.

2 Likes

Nah incompetence. If he was the only example of bewildering list management you could argue guilt but that doesn’t explain Jerrett being on the list or Jetta for a year playing VFL or the extended careers of Henneman, Slattery etc etc.

Myers should have had a game in the VFL as a tune up.

understandably woosha wanted to send a message after fremantle.

Orazio and Begley were shithouse too.

if he was the top bloke everyone puts him up to be he’d retire

1 Like

Wow. So much hatred.
I can’t see anyone defending the guy.
Anyone not heaped enough ■■■■ on David yet?
You know what? He doesn’t pick himself to play, ok?
He just trains, and tries to do his best. Whether that’s good enough at the time is another matter. Maybe some of you people should take a cold spoon to your ■■■■■ and go look in a farking mirror.

15 Likes

Worsfold must have pulled that from Matthew Knights play book.

Though in those days Daniher and Vanders would often play back and Salmon and Merrett could ruck.

1 Like

Embarrassment of riches in that golden 80’s period.
Madden, Merrett, Salmon, Daniher, Van Der Haar, Walsh, Weston, Duckworth could play KP also.
Just incredible big man depth and all of them could play multiple positions.

1 Like

Game has changed though, hasn’t it. That team would be run off its feet and get drubbed every week. Unless it got to fisticuffs. But we’d run out of players pretty quickly.

I have no problem with David, I’ve got a problem with the idiots who bring him STRAIGHT back into the seniors. The same guys who think he’s of value to the side. That’s where my anger lies

3 Likes

Fair enough, too.
I think enough is enough though - he’s not a criminal, he’s a football player. No need for the continuous and relentless assassination. Everyone knows he had a crap game, and everyone knows he isn’t a superstar. Coming in here and saying that is perfectly fine. But fark me - you read through this thread and it’s enough to make you want to stab yourself in the eye with a fork.

3 Likes

Last years premiers have 2 of the most underrated players in Astbury and Mackintosh both are HBF.

I don’t have a personal issue with him because all reports he is a great club man.

Should never be in the side though.

Low possession winning, slow, one sided midfielders that can’t handball shouldn’t play AFL.

Not his fault though that he gets selected.

1 Like

yeah but the gerries see him as our midfield saviour to protect the kids.