#23 David Myers Retyers

so we have an old player whose injury prone and effectively inexperienced at afl level.

Yes. I think that’s fairly well established.
‘older’, not ‘old’

Forgetting how he played for a minute, the style of game has changed to the point where you cannot cover more than one or two slow players.

We saw it last year when trying to play Watson, Myers, Heppell and Goddard. Watson is no longer there, but three is still too many. Particularly when all have a run through the midfield.

1 Like

Besides all his other deficiencies (slow,injury prone,no left side,slow decision maker), it his his inability to dispose of the balll cleanly under pressure that is the killer.

Just hoofing it forward is basically a rebound for the opposition.

I would really respect him if his leadership extended to putting his hand up, going back to the twos, and helping the next gen come through like Hocking is.

He supposedly has a great understanding of the complexities of the gameplan and systems, so teach the kids.

In the twos.

2 Likes

You don’t rate durability when assessing a players overall worth to the side?

My comment was a reply to the preceding post.

1 Like

So giving him a 3 year deal at this point was not the best decision

Ranks far worse than the 5 year deal given to Mercuri

Correct me if I’m wrong - it was 2+1.
Also - my personal opinion is that it was not the best option, no. Does what I think mean that much to you? Things haven’t worked out for Myers as they otherwise could have, and I have nothing but total sympathy and respect for the bloke - an absolute enormous amount more than I have for any poster here.

Extenuating circumstances were extenuating.

I see …

1 Like

said completely without irony.

Now now, don’t get upset :slight_smile:

1 Like

Mercuri earned his 5 year deal. He was a gun.

3 Likes

Mercuri’s was just bad luck. If he didnt have that personal tragedy he would have been even better

That’s fine. But there was no way you give a 3 year deal to someone that injury prone. Its just like what Collingwood did for wells

Did I say that?
And has that particular point not been made upteen times already?
What is the point of your reply?

I’m talking about our terrible list management (again).

Oh. Thanks for that.
I haven’t read all about it IN EVERY FARKIN THREAD ON THIS FARKIN SITE

5 Likes

I think we need to investigate this further.