#23 David Myers Retyers

Inside work was first class. Got the hoof working well today too. Can all the d#ckheads who keep calling for his head just fro for just a week? Find another please play Langford for (insert name)

3 Likes

Never doubted him.

3 Likes

THIS is the baseline performance from a senior player. Encouraging performance, good on him. Now back it up on a big stage.

2 Likes

Good game

He is a good inside mid. He has his limitations but if he’s fit he’ll play every week because he gives us some bite in an area we suck in.

4 Likes

Happy to admit i didnt think he had that in him.

2 Likes

That’s why Myers get picked ahead of Langford.

6 Likes

We may have found one here. Good game David.

14 Likes

No one want to comment on his smashing into Dixon?

1 Like

Much much much much better today. Was clean with his disposal too.

That has to be his benchmark

24 touches and two goals a benchmark? For who, Dangerfield?

2 Likes

I should’ve qualified that as his midfield work. goals are bonuses.

According to AFL player ratings, this was his career best game. (Mind you, it also says Hurley was below average):

I never once bagged him out, despite saying he should never play again. I meant he should never play VFL again.

8 Likes

Freaking so good to see him have a game like this I just hope he can keep it up.

1 Like

Had his hair cut like Orazio and then plays like a champ. Keep the haircut up Myers

2 Likes

Not the goals or the touches but the accuracy of his disposal. He seemed a lot more mobile too this week

Was he matched up on wines today?

Good game Myersy.

1 Like

The reason he doesnt get his hands free or a clear kick a lot of the time is that he bends down and goes head first for that ball that many wont go for, the one that other bystanders let get whisked away towards our opponents goals.

Bending down and getting tackled is a nilling of the contest which is actually a win in many scenarios during a game. You can nil the contest or do nothing and we lose the contest. And just maybe if with two opponents trying to bring him down he can scrape a kick forward or give off a little handball then thats even better as there is an Essendon player that is free because his opponent is tackling Myers.

2 Likes