#23 David Myers Retyers

I legit LOLed when Port gave him his second goal by not knowing that.

2 Likes

Scott Lucas had a whole career built on this premise.

Has anyone mentioned champion data yet?

ditto

5 Likes

From a stats perspective Myers appears to had the complete game. Centre Clearances, Clearances, 1%ers, Inside 50’, a disposal efficiency rate in the high 80’s and two goals to top it off. Watching the replay he certainly played the role of big bodied midfielder.
I would like to think that this could be Myers baseline performance but I tend to agree with Deckhams point of view (very lid on). But if he could keep this up it would certainly be a break out year for him and be the culmination of a lot of peoples (including coaches) hopes.
If only it could be so.

My impression. In the past, when he actually got on the park, he was in Jobes shadow and rarely actually hunted the ball, preferring to wait for the ball to come out. When now called upon to BE the big bodied mid, like Sunday, he actually when in and got the ball. Thats his segue to Anzac Day.

I agree. He wasn’t previously going head to head against opposition best clearance player like Jobe would have been.

Did so with Wines on weekend.

Good game. Let’s hope it continues

Somewhere in this thread I’ve got the numbers on that. There’s basically no difference in his output with and without Watson in the side, when both were on the list. It could be that he’s been given a lot more opportunity to train that role this year, or the psychology of it could make a difference. Or he had one good game. Time will tell.

It’s all i can think about now.

1 Like

To be fair to port, there probably isn’t much footage of Myers on the patk to analyse.

3 Likes

And we know they can’t read or Blitz would have told them all about Myers’s weaknesses in CAPITALS

1 Like

David Myers. I WAS WRONG.

1 Like

How would he go against Treloar as a defensive mid?

I would target every other mid so it ends up with Treloar to show off his impeccable foot skills :joy: … don’t let him run with it though, need a sweeper for him and Sidebottom.

1 Like

At a stoppage fine. Any other time he’d get torched.

3 Likes

Its never been more true " a week is a long time in football".

last week he was gone, banished forever and :The" had to be in the side. Now Myers justifys his contract to end of next year and “The” is out of contract- now probably fighting to stay on tbe list. The irony of life

playing good games when your career is on the line is one thing, let’s see 3 to 4 performances strung together

1 Like

If he can stay injury free, he is every chance to do just that.

I’d love a month of good, consistent football.

1 Like

We MUST lock him in for the next 5 years!