#23 David Myers Retyers

Just watched it. Pretty decent interview. Actually looked like he was hurting. Spoke like an actual leader. Much much better speaker than Our captain that’s for sure

5 Likes

Yes, and I believe he thinks he is one of the players that will be dropped.

Good.

Who gives a flying fk how he spoke? We’ve heard the same fkn garbage come out of players mouths for years at the clubs, and what do they do? Fkn nothing. It means zero what he said. Absolutely nothing and your a idiot if you think it does, because you know what’s gonna change? Il give ya one guess…

6 Likes

Good bloke though.

1 Like

I didn’t think he was so bad that he deserved singling out.

This loss was fundamentally due to game style IMO.

Players worse than Myers today:
Laverde by a street
McNiece…not a fan
Stringer …the guy on the field sitting on his fold up stool snapping photos for The Age was a better chance of kicking a goal today than The Package
Baguley…never doubt the endeavour but is being exposed regularly now
Daniher… Confidence has fallen off the cliff. At least Myers had the decency to drop himself once. Time for Joe to seek some touch away from the spotlight of senior football.

I don’t think Myers should be getting a game, but he was not our worst today by a long way and that says plenty about how much of a hole we’re in.

I forgot Tippa

You don’t get it do you?

2 Likes

They should move him into a coaching role. Next year he could be a development coach and play VFL (unless we have loads of injuries). Similar to Hardingham a few years back.

1 Like

That would make him the fifth worst. He’s a senior leader. Can’t be this average still.

A lot of talk coming from the club since yesterday (Heppell, Worsfold and now Myers) about players from the VFL coming into the side / senior players being dropped. Lets see if we back this talk up with some action next week. My money is firmly on no. Worsfold will think we are a chance to grab a win vs Carlton so will rely on his senior players to do it.

This club has been all talk no action for way too long. If the changes next week are Raz in for Mutch and thats it, I’m just not going to watch the game.

1 Like

Was an honest interview and imo no fluff
Need more of those.

Who give a fk? Really? All we’ve heard is talk. I’m sure they’re all great blokes and speak really well but some of the things he & Heppell have been talking about, they’ve been really poor at themselves. Talk is cheap. It’s a results business.

4 Likes

I don’t bother listening to interviews anymore. Talk is easy.

Raz playing again is incentive on its own to get along.

“can you put a finger on what’s going wrong?”
“nah not really”

What an inspirational leader.

1 Like

Sorta sums up Myers career - “not our worst”

I’ll flip this.

Myers best footy is on the outside. I’ve always thought this.

I reality he’s the type of player you want because he can get his own footy…however he’s being asked to just be the in and under get it to Merrett type.

If he cruised round looking for 20 easy touches he would be damaging on that left foot.

I do believe there is a decent player in there, just a man devoid of all confidence, and being asked to be a player he is not.

2 Likes

Spot on.

The most basic skill an inside player needs is to be able to handball. He is close to the worst at the club.