#23 David Myers Retyers

One of too many at our club who are not capable on their weak side. Much more obvious and frustrating with Myers. Opposition players know he’s going to try for his left every time so he ends up having to kick over an opponent attempting to smother, kicking it sky high to no one, or getting caught.

1 Like

Langford has him beat for awareness and composure in tight spaces. The blind sky ball ■■■■■ me no end.

1 Like

Just a rubbish footballer

Please drop and then never play again

Not enough heat on the people who were responsible for extending his contract. If they are still around they need to also be fired into the sun

1 Like

We gave better servants less. Hocking was a better player, faced the same suspension yet wasn’t gifted 3 years post suspension neither were Stanton and Jobe. His best was barely standard and would have seen him on short term performance based contracts at any well managed club. Again these are the type of list management errors that have been a constant part of the overall fuckeduppery the club has become.

His big body needs to look after the kids in the VFL team now. He can help them with their development for the rest of 2018.

Is just taking development games from young blokes.

A good bloke, but game has passed him by.

2 Likes

If they aren’t at the club any longer they need to be brought back again and fired.

He’s two years younger than Hocking. Stants older than that. Jobe wouldn’t have wanted 3.

It’s not that bad a deal given the circumstances.

Just a rubbish footballer.

Agree hocking would have been better this year than Myers. Even at the glacial oce he operates. At least he would have tackled and got angry.

You were the one using the Saga as justification for his contact, now you’re saying it was age. Either way he didn’t deserve it and it’s an example of our overall poor list management.

Myers tackles.

I can’t remember if I’ve posted this but I think he’s going to be the first player I’ve ever seen or heard of that’s going to retire of old age, of his own volition, having never really proven himself to be a decent player/deserving of being at AFL level (for more than 4 games in a row). He’s like a 21 year old we’re still waiting on to come on and we’ll still be doing so when he hangs up the boots at age 32.

2 Likes

Almost a year ago I posted that Myers should play out his contract as VFL captain, and was rubbished by a prominent B.B. poster.

Which is better than half our blokes. How do you play 3/4 of a game and not lay a tackle. Bj? Lav?

How you do is by not aggressively going at the ball and the man. BJ spends a lot of time positioning himself for the get out (that’s presumably his role). And ■■■■■’s himself in a one on one now. Problem is we have too many in the same boat currently

You win! Well done! Inspirational stuff!

3 Likes

LOLLLLL so much of this stuff on the site at the moment!

He’s a 28 year old (29 in 2 months) that gives the same/less value than a 3rd gamer. Just fck him off already for the love of fck. He was handy as a depth midfielder in 2013 but he’s been fckn sh*t for the other 9 years of his career. I’d rather Hocking unretire and come back.

9 Likes

That’d be Disco.