#23 David Myers Retyers

You’ve just mentioned one of the all time greats in BJ with the worst player ever to have played for Essendon in LAV in the same sentence.

24 hour ban for you thanks

1 Like

5 frees against, 0 for, and went at 40% disposal efficiency.

Beyond a joke if he plays again this week.
Watch it happen.

1 Like

Spudiest spud to ever spud

Great bloke. Leadership group. Protects the kids (what kids?). Lifetime pass. Spud.

1 Like

You can’t tell me with a straight face that someone like Jake Long couldn’t come in and add more excitement and influence then Myers has been?

1 Like

I don’t think he is a spud and reckon that is being too harsh.

I don’t think he can play in the modern game with his slow reflex’s and decision making. His endeavour is there. And if he keeps being selected some posters vitriol is better served with the selection panel.

5 Likes

Absolutely right, the selectors need a cannon for failing to see this crab is not up to standard. His right leg is painted on. His turning circle is worse than any P&O cruiser ever. He’s a panic merchant if the ball happens to fall to him, you can pretty much guarantee it’ll be a long high panic ball to the opposition’s spare man. At any other club he’d have been gone years ago but not only is he on the list, he’s an automatic selection which is an indictment on many at the club.

I don’t think he’s a spud, and I do think he was a pretty reasonable footballer in the 2011-2014 period.

But as of now, he’s cooked. He’s done.

He’s got nothing left to offer us.

1 Like

Firing into sun/cannon comments are one of my fave blitz sayings ATM

7 Likes

I read one of those comments from Ace today and literally LOLd for a good 15sec. Put Neeld in a cannon and fire into the sun I think was the comment, Fkg Gold.

1 Like

Worst bit is he doesn’t have a big body anymore. Like Hurls he’s lost a fair bit of muscle and looses most contests.

Waiting for his break out year

1 Like

I do have one many worry if he is dropped…who will protect the kids

Devon Smith.

I found some old footage of Myers from his junior career

https://goo.gl/images/hVdmdt

Nothing much has changed

Please get your facts right. The laziest and worst player to ever play for EFC was Shane Harvey.

1 Like

For me it’s all about our inability to recruit and develop a better player to play this role. It’s the reason why he is still one of the first picked every week. Whether we like it or not every coach we have had belives he offers us plenty around the contest. I’m not ■■■■■■ off with Myers who tries his heart out with a very limited range of AFL quality attributes. I’m ■■■■■■ off because he is deemed our best option and thats all about recruitment and development.

Cannon. Sun. Fill in the blanks. See ya! Clarke, Mutch, Guelfi all better and with so much more upside. Should never play again.

4 Likes

Agreed. And for that I will predict Thursday’s changes:

IN:MYERS
OUT:LANGFORD

4 Likes

BRING

2 Likes