#23 David Myers Retyers

Redman injured. Kid not protected!

Wow, … Lol.

Spruced up the avatar?

NicNat 2.01m
Myers 1.91m

But, I agree.

From what I could tell Myers did not go head-to-head with Shuey. Others who watched the game live will probably be able say more, but that was not the impression I got watching on TV.

He is 28 and going to retire in 2 years so I would suggest we just need to sit it out.

This bloke should earn his place like everyone else in the team. No more charity selections.

Let him be a leader in the two’s and allow someone else take his place who are our future. The two’s are closer to playing finals than the firsts are.

2 Likes

There isn’t anyone in the twos who can replace him yet. Clarke a maybe and maybe soon.

It’s getting our injured blokes back. Get joe back and stronger can play more mid time. Gleeson back allows McG more midfield time. Parish etc.

Myers will play his fair share this year.

Holds ball with left hand underneath, then suddenly realises he can only handball left handed.

I find it amazing that ten years in the system and Myers can’t handball.

How does that happen?

Champion Data gonna Champion Data, but geez they hated Myers’ game last night.

Correct. No one went head to head with anyone.
Various players, various opponents, dictated by rotations as per usual.

His stats last week surprised me, as I felt his impact minimal. Last night he was exposed for pace, decision making and skills. His only supposed weapon misfires most of the time as he doesn’t lower his eyes. He always handballs to the nearest and easiest team mate, regardless if they are covered or not. For mine, Langford has gone past him already as his field kicking is adventurous and accurate, he gets on the board, and he flows in the links instead of stopping and holding it up. Maybe winning form keeps him in, but I dont think it will take Clarke long to pass him either.

5 Likes

Yeah I agree with most of this. His lack of pace really exposes us at times and I can’t believe after all this time on a list he can’t/won’t handball.

Patchy form in games. His kicking has deteriorated a lot since the year off and that was one of his strengths,
RIP the Hoof.

2 Likes

I’d rather have Clarke in his spot.

■■■ yes, So many times he didn’t go first option. Doesn’t have the agility or pace to find a second. Gets corralled. Turnover. At least 3 ended in turnovers. Another couple were saved by team mates

Still contracted next year too. I fear he will be playing next year out in the Magoos, unless he puts his hand up for an early retirement.

There’s one in every team.

1 Like

Coaches are seeing his limitations, and giving him a more defensive role.
But it’s more than that.
He migh not have the physical class, but he obviously has a great understanding of the set up, and positioning
during games.

Post match, Goddard was speaking at length with him about the game on the field, so Myers needs to be assessed beyond kicks, handballs and efficiency. He leads in a different way.

Limited, but not useless.

5 Likes