#23 David Myers Retyers

Or parish when fit

Tackling is ordinary too…gets brushed off all the time because he is never “committed” to the tackle. Ready, looks like Tarzan plays like…

He had him at quite a few stoppages prticularly in the first half

interesting. i couldn’t pin point what the heck was going on, i’ll have to watch some replays.

if he could handball properly in congestion, he’d be a heap more influential i think. he seems to be getting the ball in good areas and winning clearances, but just that split second of stuffing around makes him look super slow. i’m not off the bandwagon completely.

2 Likes

Yes he did. As did other people at other times. We are really not sitting on people, or setting anyone for a particular player. We are more intent on running our own game.

I thought Myers was okay and he did negate shuey’s influence there is zero doubt about that

He’s playing the year out. No Zaka. No parish. There’s a role for him for this season, and his last two weeks have been fine

2 Likes

He won’t play beyond the 2019 season. Plans to return home to WA and work in a mate’s business.

1 Like

Didn’t Howlett play lots of games in the 2’s in his last year? reckon the same will happen with Myers.

1 Like

Stanton and Hocking were mostly VFL in their last seasons also.

I hope Clarke gets more opportunities this year and more so next year.

3 Likes

I must admit, my concern for Myers role in the team is purely because I think the seasons gone and I want to see Clarke get more AFL experience.

While Myers clearly has his limitations, and is clearly a liability at some aspects of the game, he is also holding his spot at present imho.

I can’t agree.

Most scores come from turnovers and Myers just does it far too often. Even when he hits a target it’s generally a safe option rather than adventurous kick.

2 Likes

Yep, well I did say he was clearly a liability at some aspects of the game. And I certainly don’t disagree with you with any level of passion.

I just personally feel that the good and bad are balancing out at present… just.

1 Like

Everyone has different criteria.

For mine the single most important skill is to be good below your knees and clean with the ball.

I have that criteria for all players but doubly so for mids and Myers is bad at both.

Yeah, … thought it was due for a coat of “Paint”

May be a little too bright now though, . might need to have another go for something inbetween this and the old one … :thinking:

1 Like

Needs blitz red.

I’ve been thinking the same, and was aiming for it, … but it’s not quite it yet is it?

1 Like

Fair effort though.

1 Like

You’ve changed, Phillip.

1 Like

I like it

1 Like

Won’t play after this year mate…Done