#23 David Myers Retyers

Sigh

watching the replay myers looks the odd one out in the team battling to just barely keep pace with the game

just looks slow, doesn’t know what to do, mostly just hack kicks it to nobody/the opposition, can’t chase/harass or cover ground and to make up for it he over attempts and gives away frees

complete liability.

4 Likes

Yes - Around 60 to 65% of score sources come from turnovers but WHAT you don’t acknowledge is teams average 90 turnovers per week so only around 20 to 25% of turnovers result in scores - So to pin it on one player is a long reach.

I can accept turnovers if you are somebody like Goddard or Merrett who are consistently trying to hit players in attacking positions.

Myers can’t even hit a target with a handball from 5 meters away.

Myers is the very definition of a one trick pony and it’s not even a great trick.

It’s those players that should be rotated in and out of the side to give others experience but Myers when fit is regularly picked.

5 Likes

I think this week v Cunnington is one game where Myers would have some value.

2 Likes

Except my post is not specifically about Myers - It’s about turnovers and direct scores from turnover is often a lottery.

Fair enough.

I was just talking about Myers and what he brings to the side.

Myers
Hoof
Hoof

3 Likes

Not just the goals and assists, but he was cool and used the ball well. That’s why they keep him in the team.

2 Likes

Whenever he kicks multiple goals we win!

Never doubted him.

11 Likes

Break out game

8 Likes

Played a great first half and a good overall game.

12 years in the making

1 Like

Like a new recruit.
Happy for him.

@RockyIV he just needed an extended run at it.

4 Likes

Fools gold

Career best game?

1 Like

Is earning his place at the moment.

1 Like

photo davidmyersgif2_zps156923b4.gif

6 Likes