#23 David Myers Retyers

He finally got the hoof working well , cracking them in from the wing was exactly what we hoped from him going way back. Seems like his role changed a bit yesterday.

Myers was ■■■■■■ good yesterday, i actually think he has had a decent year. Now he is putting in a good patch of form it must be about time to do another injury and sign another contract extension :joy:

A few times yesterday he did a little shimmy step with his feet, which gave him space to kick to a target.

Looking far more agile than he did earlier in the year.

He has been much better outside the contest and on the spread - He’s always been decent at and inside the contest but when matched up on players who work well both inside and outside is when he struggles.

1 Like

Made team of the week and Merrett didn’t. That’s …unexpected.

He made team of the week on the half back flank… he wasn’t even our best half back for the week let alone the comps.

3 Likes

Regarding the team of the week I would take it with a grain of salt considering it’s selected by Kane Cornes.

2 Likes

So it’s NOT a Team of the Week then, … it;s one bloke, and just Kane Kornes at that, … just saying things??

2 Likes

But hey remember he was going to be a firefighter! :man_firefighter:

1 Like

I wonder if he knows how to use a ladder

1 Like

Tayte pears’ doesn’t need a ladder.

HRH

He’s actually surprisingly quick in a straight line.
Acceleration, turning circle, brakes, not so much.

1 Like

That was Heath Scotland wasn’t it?
Trying to get off assault charges cos he wants to be a fireman??
(Twice.)

Scotland used it as an excuse to get out of jail time, while Kane Cornes used it as an excuse to retire after reaching 300 games.

And Tatye Pears was allegedly so hot he needed to be become a firefighter to cool off

1 Like

Courtney Johns applied to be a fireman, ended up getting a job as a truck. Hose and all.

9 Likes

LOL

Outlasted Rioli. Great pickup Essendon.

7 Likes

Jackets plays the long game.

2 Likes

I think this is the key to getting the most out of Myers.

His three best games this year have been against Port, Brisbane and North. In each of these games (unlike his other games) he had significantly more uncontested possessions than contested possessions.

Although he has the body of an inside bull (can stand up in a tackle, extract a contested ball, block, bullock etc), he doesn’t have the skills to do anything with the possessions he wins (one sided, poor handball, poor decision making under pressure, poor evasive skills, lacks ‘time’).

But when he plays an inside-outside role it gives him time and space to use his only weapon - his left foot (and his passable straight-line speed). It also improves his DE%, I50s and Goal Assists, AND he hits the score board.

• Port Adel: 9 CP, 16 UP, 88% DE, 5 I50s, 2 goals, 2 GAs (AF 121)
  • Brisbane: 11 CP, 19 UP, 68% DE, 5 I50s (AF 85)
  • North Melb: 10 CP, 15 UP, 96% DE, 6 I50s, 2 goals, 2 GAs (AF 122)

The averages for his ‘other’ games are:

• 11.4 CP, 8.6 UP, 58% DE, 2.2 I50s, 0.0 goals, 0.0 GAs (AF 57)
3 Likes