#23 David Myers Retyers

It’s from last week’s game but this week’s looks similar (I just couldn’t be bothered screen shotting it from the AFL app :slight_smile:)

1 Like

Guelfi is playing a very different role
Same for Laverde because he’s never played much inside mid.

Myers’ form has been ok, but we really need him to become a depth player next year

You’re right Myers and Colyer should hopefully be out of the starting 22 by the end of next year and both of those guys could be developed to take over David’s role. Guelfi might not have to change what he is doing. Laverde is the one with the best potential to play Myers role imo, he has been playing on ball recently in the two’s with encouraging results.

2 Likes

IMG_2675

Yeah but it’s not the same, I think he has another 20m to go until he reaches full hoof.

Once seen, cannot be unseen, no matter if it is obscene.

5 Likes

The heatmap may also expose his lack of defensive running. If he had another couple of kicks from the defensive half each quarter, he might be the mid he was supposed to be.

True - but that’s been the whole side for about 15 years!!

I think our defensive intensity has lifted significantly the last 8-9 weeks, it’s about where it needs to be now

Or the other reason his heat map looked like that is that he got a kick to the calf 2 weeks ago and was stationed predominantly forward due to limited movement.

4 Likes

And they also played him fwd more last week after Smack went off as a taller target/needing to keep players out in field as much as could for rotations.

2 Likes

Jeebus that’s disturbing…

1 Like

l’ll say.

It seems to me that those calling for Myers to be dropped, if not from the team immediately, then from the best twenty-two as soon as possible, need to show us some of their ‘runs on the board’, as to their expertise. You know, similar pontificating previously posted and proven correct. You know what? It will not happen because you are clueless and have never, ever been right.

If such evidence of successful pontification is produced, would you then agree that Myers needs to be dropped immediately?

No, of course not but I would be forced to respect their opinion, which is definitely not a requirement at the moment.

1 Like

Ok, but you’ll probably need a percentage figure.

They might point to the one thing they got right, but ignore the 100 they got wrong.

4 Likes

Bored?

I’m here aren’t I?

3 Likes

Nice bloke David. And he’s doing alright at the moment, but I still think the way we play has gone past him now.

2 Likes

Didn’t you say that Carlisle was gonna stay?

Pfft, I wouldn’t be listening to this bloke.

3 Likes