#23 David Myers Retyers

Break out game.

1 Like

Best game I have seen him play. Well done.

1 Like

25 disp
15 Cp
11 up
7 clearances
7 tackles
1 goal 3 behinds

13 Likes

I’m aware of his limitations, but I just really like Myers. He loves the club and his teammates and always gives his all. When we are a little light on big, tough midfielders he is a lot more important for us than he might be at many other clubs.

Poor ■■■■■■■ has had very little luck through his career. I’d love to see him be a 150+ game player and get the love and respect from our supporters in the latter part of his career that he seems to have from his coaches and teammates.

10 Likes

I farking love him
Hoofing all day long

Yeah, props. I hope he has six career-best games this year.

1 Like

Great game! Knows his role

Kudos. I got this wrong. I thought he should never play again. Glad he has more belief in himself than I gave him. Role player and playing it well.

2 Likes

Get around him.

2 Likes

I use to think he was a legit bust.

Now i live in a world where Trump is president, Richmond are the reigning premiers, Rioli has retired and David ‘Hoof’ Myers is a seriously good player.

WTF is going on?

16 Likes

I know he hasn’t ‘delivered’ this as much as we had hoped over his career- but I am just so pleased he is demonstrating some of those extraction skills- which were summarily dismissed as a strength by many blitzers.

He has always had very good (not elite) but high level handball to advantage from congestion- I think the young folk call this ‘stoppage craft’ these days. Anyway, he was great- let’s squeeze 3 more years out of him (and a flag).

3 Likes

The bandwagon I’ve been on for years is, all of a sudden, starting to become very crowded.

Great game by Myers, he is so important to how our midfield functions.

5 Likes

How will Cyril Rioli go this weekend?

Oh yeah…

8 Likes

Already played longer than 2 blokes draft before him, the one after him and Cyril!..
He is going just fine!!!

1 Like

whistle

Onya Dave.

Seems to play well at Etihad

You can only work with what you’ve got!!!
Can’t get blood out of a stone!!

1 Like

He was always aggresive at the contest, often got to the ball first but would panic or rush the disposal out of congestion. You just knew the ball would sail over his head on the rebound.

Now in 2018, he digs in, side steps, raises the arms and draws the tackle. He has the acute skill of releasing over the midfield congestion to a clear path.

If he gets his hands to the ball our outside runners are licking their lips cos they know the blitz is on.

Just a damaging beast of an inside mid.

There are a lot of Blitzer posters that need to suck a lot of Myers ■■■■!!!

4 Likes

so we’re at 4 good games for the year in a season of 23 rounds. astounding.

1 Like