#23 David Myers Retyers

Are you seriously about 12yo?

7 Likes

yes smd fam.

2 Likes

Reckon thats the best he has played since about 2012/2013. Was fantastic tonight

1 Like

HOOF

Earlier in the season there were games where we would have been better off a man down than have him in. He is a proud man and he would of known that. Many would have crumbled under that pressure but he backed himself in, played to his strengths and has earned his spot. He will always have his limitations (there’s guys in the no arm league that could handball better) but his playing a role that the team requires and he is playing it well. We are becoming a mentally tough team I reckon, finally starting to see a bit of the Woosha on field personality in the boys.

Myers owed the Swans one
Tippet injured his should badly a few years ago in a tackle

1 Like

15 Likes

Usually whenever he is in this kind of form, he gets a season ending injury, knock on wood.

Now that Cyril is retired, do we start comparing him to Dangerfield??

4 Likes

Was that hoof goal another helicopter floater?

Was a ripper goal.

I don’t think so. Looks like he struck it beautifully

1 Like

Watched David closely last night. Played a selfless team role to shut down Kennedy influence… who only got 1 posession in the last by the way. David got 25 himself with a great goal and 5 clearancrs. His best game all round for a number of years. He is much more valuable to the side on the things stats don’t pickup than gets credit for.

20 Likes

Yep, loved the way he just slowly but surely ground Kennedy down through the first three quarters - doesn’t get stats but just worked him over with heavy blocks, tackles, shoves, etc until Kennedy just disappeared from the game and we reaped the rewards.

1 Like

His best ever game for us

Has to be done …

16 Likes

Remember when we signed up DM on a 3 year contract & the majority of Blitz had a meltdown saying it was the worst list management decision since signing up Shotgun William from the Hawks?

1 Like

Ok… so… whilst some of my flaming was deserved on the first few games he played this year, he is now transitioned into career best form… hats off to him…

I loved that goal of his when his man ran to the interchange… that was very Essendon of Sydney and could only laugh… loved it… shifty f***er

I best make my way over to the Hurley thread now

1 Like

Some of the derision when he was down, was totally out of line. He deserved a bit more respect.
Hopefully he can keep it going and get another contract, 2 years would do it.

4 Likes

He’s playing his role. And; I have to say while eating a big chunk of humble pie, David is playing well.
Good on him. He played a good game against the Swans. We are a team that is really coming together in many more ways. Standing up for each and not copping any rubbish or intimidation and really playing for each other and gaining more belief. We can do this. Go Bombers.

1 Like

Was very very good

Hit passes perfectly

Kicked goals

Pushed the ball forward out of the stoppages

Great stuff David

2 Likes

I haven’t been his biggest fan, but has been playing well the last couple of months.
Good on him.

3 Likes