#23 David Myers Retyers

Great to see a player having a career renaissance. Hope he can keep it up stay injury free. A fit and firing Myers is a joy to behold.

1 Like

ive been waiting for as long as a win against the swans to see him play this well…i like it!

1 Like

Is this bloke crucial to our plans next season? I’d like to think so. Starting to get back to his best. Strong in the middle and a serious weapon around half forward. The way our development is going in the midfield he’s probably the weakest link but if he can stay fit he might round out the side perfectly. I really hope he’s there all season next year amd is part of a tilt at finals. Deserves it as much as anyone and really does fit well.

I just love the idea of having a centre contest mid who can kick over forward congestion for a score. Defeats hard, floody defence in tight situations. Serious weapon.

1 Like

People talk as if Myers is doing something he’d never done before. He’s played plenty of similar quality games around 2011-14 or so, before getting injured in the opening seconds of 2015 and then being suspended for a year.

12 Likes

More needs to be said of that bluff to Florent going to the bench then hoofing it in from 55.
Booyah

4 Likes

He cops it for hacking kicks forward from stoppages, but all the good sides are doing the same. If you can’t win clean possession, at least win territory.

The trick is to have a setup where we magically have a target where the kick is (roughly) headed.

6 Likes

Woaaahhh there Stander. You’re going all Xav/Woosha on us there.

This is pretty spot on actually. Richmond’s game plan is wholey predicated around getting the ball forward by any means to a structure and contest that allows them to lock the ball in for repeat opportunities.

That’s all Tom Mitchell does 40 times a game and everyone thinks he is elite.

Hawks have won < 50% of games when Mitchell racks up 40+ possessions if I recall correctly.

I think the stat I read, a week or two back, was that they had only won 5 games from 12 when it occurred.

Recently turned 29. Like to think he’s got another 3-4 good years left. Like Dave said, having spent so much time off the field has rejuvenated his enthusiasm for the game and he’s playing accordingly

1 Like

Yes, and until the last few weeks it was.

1 Like

Your one of those bipolar blokes on here that says trade/delist when someone has a couple of ordinary games & then wants to cup their balls after they play a couple of good games.

What, do you have the attention span of a gnat!

He is a good solid player when he has had a good run at it, no more, no less. If he hadn’t been pick 6 (not his fault) he wouldn’t get any attention

2 Likes

I’ve held the view the deal was bad from the outset, but hes come good the past month and a bit. What do you want me to say? If he continues his form then my negativity will be found to be unwarranted.

Credit where it’s due - he’s elite.

2 Likes

I’d be happy for him to be getting 40 touches for us.

1 Like

Hawks have won 6 of 10 when Mitchell had racked up 40+.

Can anyone else in the league kick a helicopter punt kick like this guys from outside 50m that you can bet your house on?

Nope, didn’t think so.

I’m going to give him another few weeks, good or bad, before I pass judgement. He’s had a poor first half of the year, he still has time to make it a good second half of the year. The Sydney game was a great game.

1 Like