#23 David Myers Retyers

I’m not sure how this changes anything? His form was poor, he dropped himself because of it. Coaches should have done it for him.

Yes I agree. He has come back in best ever condition in my opinion, with no off season surgeries or complaints and has looked very good at training.

It will be very hard to keep him out of the team

3 Likes

With Shiel coming in I think it’s the complete opposite tbh.

1 Like

Did you even read what he said? It changes everything. His form was poor because he was battling mental demons. He dropped himself to deal with them probably with the knowledge and blessing of the coaches. Then when his health improved, his form followed.

6 Likes

Yes, hoe does that change it? He was in poor form. Coaches should have dropped him. What caused his poor form was irrelevant.

l have explained it once, no point in saying any more.

1 Like

I had a quiet one about a year ago with one of the key SAGA figures.
He was talking about how he felt the worst for David Myers because he’s such a quality person. couldn’t talk highly enough of him.
I guess it sheds light on why he’s held in such high regard inside the club even if he isn’t a star player and we often wonder here why he’s in the team/ on the list.

9 Likes

and that would of done wonders for his mental health, he probably thought it was temporary or momentary and was trying to deal with it on a daily basis. It takes a lot of courage to come forward and deal with mental health issues or to even realise it is mental. Being around his team and his support from team mates and supporters is what has helped.
I am sure he will be a lot stronger mentally for it as well.

I remember watching one of the reserves games at Windy Hill after he asked to be put down. I was standing by the interchange gates and was extremely happy with his attitude, constantly giving encouragement, positive reinforcement and directions to his teammates.

I’m not at all surprised he is held in very high regard around the club. There is more to being part of a team than mere stats.

7 Likes

Another reason we are gelling so well, our camaraderie, loyalty and becoming a real “family club”, this sought of stuff resonates success, we are a team that believes and will back each other, we have a good culture. Its not about me attitude its a real “US” attitude, I feel the men all have each backs and what we have been through, it will be hard to break us now.

You didn’t explain anything. I questioned how it changed anything and you just restarted what happened.

If you can’t see how mental health and outlook can affect form, then l can’t help you. Going on would be pointless, so this is the last word l will have on this subject.

4 Likes

im not saying it doesnt impact form at all. but im not sure the fact his form was poor due to mental health problems means the coaches not dropping him due to that poor form was the right decision.

it’s often chicken and egg - weak mental health could harm form and the opposite.
when someone is in the form of their life they’re probably less prone to mental sickness/ can overcome or confront it more easily than if injured or in poor form.

Why and now in hindsight it has maybe proved the right decision to let David decide, unless you are an expert on mental health.
Used to tolerate you on here and found you a bit amusing sometimes but you actually seem like a bit of a twit lately.
Good on David to come forward and tell it how it really is, hope this doesn’t happen to you one day mate because life my seem rosy now but you never know what tomorrow brings. Good luck in your narcissism.

6 Likes

Wait you’re suggesting we should give players who have mental health concerns a pass on their match day form and let them decide whether or not they should play? Sorry but it’s not controversial or narcissistic (dunno how you got there?) to suggest that’s not a good idea.

It’s like Joe playing when he was clearly injured, out of form but the club kept playing him. Poor decision with Joe to keep playing him because it detrimentally impacted the teams form, and I reckon it’s just the same for Myers.

What’s controversial about it?

I got nothing against Myers voicing his issues, good for him, remove the stigma. But his form was bad and I’m not sure exceptions should be made with poor form.

Should quit while you’re behind alex.

3 Likes

This has been dealt with

2 Likes

When has it been dealt with?

1 Like

My understanding was that it if he hadn’t have ‘rushed’ back for the last couple of games right before the verdict, he would not have had to sit out the next season.

I.e he had already spent most of the year on the sidelines and the penalty would have been backdated to his last game?