#23 David Myers Retyers

Did there appear to be any inward darkness?

2 Likes

How do I see inner darkness?

(To be honest, I was surprised by how quiet the group was. No frustration at the way the game was unfolding, but also virtually no excitement when a player did something great, such as Mckenna ripping the game open or Tippa outsmarting his defender…so I didn’t get any scoops…I think Mutch commented that McGrath was a solid 82kgs now, and I heard them praising Walsh’s game, but that was it)

2 Likes

Hmmm, interesting.
Maybe there’s something I can learn from this.

3 Likes

Players don’t give two hoots about the JLT?

1 Like

That’s because they’re losers.

That’s a given. I mean so many half drunk glasses getting about. Real men finish their beers.

1 Like

See, I was thinking….“wow, excellent! so many half full glasses here!”

1 Like

Ah, perfect if your the cheapskate avoiding the shout. “Who wants a beer”, just as everyone is allready nursing one.

1 Like

Half the time, I just don’t do shouts.
The other half…well, same.

just listened to his interview on SEN from yesterday

Really impressed with this guy and can see why he was selected on the Leadership group

3 Likes

Seemed much more of the same corporate speak to me.

I guess that’s what footy is about now though.

Not really. If you want corporate speak, Xav is the finest exponent of it at the club and possibly in the whole AFL.

when referring to our JLT form i agree… but i was impressed with his context and view as a footballer in the greater landscape and that there is life outside of football

1 Like

That was a great interview where he opened up on all aspects of his football and that’s what you took from it?

I get where you are coming from but I am more interested in the talk about footy.

All these guys are cardboard cutouts of each other now.

I remember when we signed Luke Ball this place wen t nuts about how much of a pro he is.

Who cares that we don’t actually know what he does.

Would love for a player to come out and say they are looking forward to smashing those pretenders from Sydney or some such thing.

Would make front page news for a year.

On the eve of the season couldn’t care less.

OK fair enough,… i dont agree at all but each to their own

2 Likes

You must be a lot of fun at parties.

Yeah, talking about my education at parties goes down well.

It’s like talking about real estate.

1 Like

My memory of our reaction to this appointment is WAAAAAYYYY different to yours.

7 Likes